• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fish in a tree first impressions/review and a bit of an update

Jenisautistic

V.I.P Member
hi I’ve been trying to read better over the few months or so . And for every book I readI’m going to try to reviewing .

This is fish in a tree by Lynda Marllaly hunt

I’ve heard that hey if you talk about the books you read you’ll understand it better .
And I’m trying to not let my dyslexia and disabilities stop me from reading .

hi I’ve been trying to read better over the few months or so . And for every book I readI’m going to try to reviewing .

This is fish in a tree by Lynda Marllaly hunt

I’ve heard that hey if you talk about the books you read you’ll understand it better .
And I’m trying to not let my dyslexia and disabilities stop me from reading .
I saw the title of your post and felt compelled to comment. I am an avid reader, and never had any trouble reading, but I have always felt socially dyslexic. Actually, this is the first time I thought about my social difficulties in those terms. I want to thank you for inspiring me to think of it like that.

Another version of the quote is "If you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, the fish will judge you to be stupid," which I think is a better version. People judge me to be unintelligent because of my social difficulties, despite a successful career as an exploration geologist/geophysicist. I judge them to be stupid for that.

Keep trying to improve your reading skill. Books can take you to fantastic places without leaving your room. I admire your determination to read, so keep it up.

I once read that there are eyeglasses with a special tint that helps reduce the "word scramble" effect of dyslexia. You might google it.

I wasn't allowed into the electronics program at a community college which has the best one north of Los Angeles because I kept failing algebra due to "dyscalculia". (Basically dyslexia with numbers.) Today I am a licensed amateur radio operator who has a closet full of beat up vacuum tube radios and various electronic parts waiting to be rehabbed/used. Any mountain worth the view from the summit requires a long arduous climb to get there.

New Threads

Top Bottom