• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

FINALLY!!!!

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
Today, got my official diagnostic for aspergers. I am borderline severe.

Conveniently, the sun was shining through the blinds and so he saw the reaction from me ( too bright for me). I was also stimming and could barely meet his eyes.

Went through a questionaire and my husband was amazing in how he helped me.

I see my psychiatrist next week (sigh) and hopefully get help with finding work convenient for me or help financially.

It has been a long journey and your intuition and instincts were completely accurate the entire time.

Good luck with the job search. Maybe you qualify for government benefits, too?

Glad you got where you felt you needed to be. "What a long, strange trip it's been." :)

Well done, Suzanne. Your struggle and success gives hope to others in France with a similar plight.

Last edited:
It feels funny to congratulate and say hooray for someone to find out they are, indeed, on the spectrum, but I know how difficult it's been for you. So here it is. Hooray!!!!

Glad you finally got it all sorted Suzanne! Now you can relax about all that. Good luck with the financial assistance part of it all.

It has been a long journey and your intuition and instincts were completely accurate the entire time.

Indeed and I feel so relieved and hope it gives me a bit of confidence to trust myself more.

Good luck with the job search. Maybe you qualify for government benefits, too?

I suspect it will be financially helping, due to being in a different country.

As soon as I saw the post was by you and read the topic, I got a little excited.

I'm so happy for you!

Congratulations! As someone seeking a diagnosis I can understand what it is like to have this confirmed and to feel like you can move forward now. Your husband sounds pretty awesome and supportive. I wish you well in finding employment that suits you or some financial support!

Glad you got where you felt you needed to be. "What a long, strange trip it's been." :)

Well done, Suzanne. Your struggle and success gives hope to others in France with a similar plight.

It does feel strange, Judge. I cannot believe that I am actually authentic now and what was the first thought was: now I can truly help others seeking help.

It feels funny to congratulate and say hooray for someone to find out they are, indeed, on the spectrum, but I know how difficult it's been for you. So here it is. Hooray!!!!

I agree Pats and my husband even said that I should not look so gleeful, but it answers why I feel as I do.

Since I suffer with all the traits; now I know what is going on, it is a time for celebration lol

Glad you finally got it all sorted Suzanne! Now you can relax about all that. Good luck with the financial assistance part of it all.

You are so right, LucyPurrs, I feel I can breath now. I have a sense of standing tall, because I can lol

You always knew, now you have documented proof. I know it is a relief for you. It's one less thing hanging over you. I'm happy for you.

Exactly. It is wonderful that you are all voicing what I am finding hide to voice. It also feels surreal as well and my husband is currently acting a lot better towards me.

It does feel strange, Judge. I cannot believe that I am actually authentic now and what was the first thought was: now I can truly help others seeking help.

Suzanne, I suspect most if not all of us would agree that you were "authentic" the day you arrived and posted here in this community. I believe the vast majority of us know when we're on the spectrum, with or without a formal medical diagnosis. Not much different than those who come to terms with their sexual orientation.

Year after year, just look at the number of people who come and go from this community, all with the same question. Considering that the vast majority who come to terms with their own Neurodiversity as opposed to those few who may conclude they are Neurotypical. Who later go on to confirm what they really already knew.

You are no different. Neither am I. With or without a formal diagnosis. It's just having to convince medical professionals that makes the process otherwise so arduous at times. An often necessary aspect of it all for those of you seeking formal assistance.

To us you are still the same Aspie last week or last year that you are right now. ;)

Last edited:
being that I mostly don't give a *bleep* about what people think, I never saught a pro-diag for something I already knew.

I can, however, see the benefits of having one in order to receive whatever benefits and/or assistance for those on the spectrum.

New Threads

Top Bottom