• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Film school

SteveNomad

In 2016, IIRC, I returned to San Francisco from Santa Cruz with TBE thought of starting returning to college by going to City College of San Francisco, which was super cheap and furthermore offered extra things to homeless/in danger of students!:D One thing I thought I would rake was Film.
I thought I could, use what you've got, I thought one thing I could do was make a documentary on homeless people talking to GL people!
However, I ended up not applying. I was working up to applying, I guess for Fall 2017. However, when I was bringing myself up to applying, I was presuming that an agency that was kind of " my " agency would offer me a lot of support in doing it. Not financial or material support, no money or gifts, no, not at all - but someone to talk to, and help with connections, like that there. They refused to help me there, though they said they would, so that was that:relaxed:. There were other factor/s that made hanging around San Francisco questionable too, and the whole concept, even if I got in and could somehow be " a virtuous homeless student ", going while in the shelter I was staying in then - would've required a whole lot of things to fall into place that unto this day haven"t - like perscription glasses, and having, with knowing how to use, more computer stuff commensurate with being a modern student, let alone a film one - and I would've had you've had an absolute total complete beginner's course in film technology, as well.
It still might be nice.........Now, San Francisco being cut off for me, and the absolute total wild card of Covid's affect on colleges, well:confounded:...

Sounds a great idea, is there some chance of getting support for you to do it? Or somewhere more accessible?

Well, my health has gone so downhill then:coldsweat:...and I am here in Westchester with the thought of Social Services finding a homeboy sick enough to get a place...If I do stay here, and that happens, I had thought of going back to the same community college I went to so, so, many years ago (I am literally tearing/crying now):tearsofjoy:.........

Hi Steve.

It’s okay to cry. Heaven knows I’ve cried about my circumstances over the years.

The hurt, doubt, “what-if’s” can be too much. Allow your frustration to manifest itself. Tears are real and they prove your heart and your desire are still alive and viable.

...Go to my " I need a wheelchair r " thread for updates on my situation, it is quite dangerous at this moment, after a week in the hospital, early Monday afternoon.

New Threads

Top Bottom