• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fellow Autistic, Elon Musk TEDx Talk. 2022

Neonatal RRT

V.I.P Member

The first 42 minutes were questions regarding Twitter, Tesla, etc,...his thoughts on free speech, Democracy, difficulties with scaling production at Tesla,...and what future he sees for all of us. However at 42:30, the topic of discussion is about his life and mind as it pertains to his Asperger's condition. It's at this point where he gets rather personal and you get a good feel for what kind of person he really is.

An interesting personality. Though with his level of wealth, it's difficult to truly get a feel for what motivates his actions and rhetoric. Whether neurologically based or not.

One thing I've surmised over the years is how amusing those with excessive wealth tend to speak- and act.

From inspirational visionaries and bizarre eccentrics to obnoxious autocrats. And perhaps on occasion a combination of them. :confused:

An interesting personality. Though with his level of wealth, it's difficult to truly get a feel for what motivates his actions and rhetoric. Whether neurologically based or not.

One thing I've surmised over the years is how amusing those with excessive wealth tend to speak- and act.

From inspirational visionaries and bizarre eccentrics to disgusting autocrats. And perhaps on occasion a little of both. :confused:

Given the production Hell he went through in 2017, '18, and '19 with Tesla on the verge of bankruptcy, while relentless Wall Street short sellers were bound and determined to crush the company stock, the corrupt SEC holding him financially hostage,...and all the difficulties with repeated SpaceX rocket failures, etc. He has demonstrated himself more a determined visionary,...and less a capitalist. The billions of dollars he has donated to world hunger, the huge battery banks he donated to Australia and other parts of the world, and his desire for freedom of speech and truth, the satellite systems he shipped over to Ukraine, etc. shows he cares about more others than himself. Furthermore, there is an interesting TEDx talk where his ex-wife had nothing but praise for what he is doing for humanity,...how she had to let him go because he belonged to the world,...how his children are proud of him. What ex-wife says things like this? His current girlfriend says similar things like, them sharing a $40,000 house, and him not wanting to buy a mattress after it got a hole in it, to eating peanut butter sandwiches for a week, not having a security entourage, and so on.

I think people get so wrapped up in the superficial title of "the worlds richest man" when literally, nearly all his money is tied up in his companies. Talk to the people who are closest to him and they consistently tell others despite the money on the books, he really doesn't throw it around like others with even a fraction of his income, he just doesn't have access to it,...and if he does throw it around, he has a vision for something better for all of us, not just himself.

I also think many put their values upon him,...which says more about us, than Elon. Well, if I had this much money I would do this or that,...therefore, he must be this way as well. Some people see the extremely wealthy flaunting their money,...again, assuming Elon is the same way. Senators Warren and Sanders falsely accusing him,...simply because he wealthy, of not paying his fair share of taxes,...when in reality he is being taxed at a 53% rate,...and paid billions last year,...well more than the two of them combined,...probably more than the entire House and Senate combined. All of this is horrible thinking error that leads to a mischaracterization.

He gets smeared in the media by both the left and the right-wing, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, for a bunch of stupid things,...mostly false accusations,...and yet he continues on his forward path. "Oh he's Evil."...Based on what? Nothing, other than he has more assets than anyone else. This "evil" person is actively trying to make our lives better, and all people want to focus on is his assets and then want to smear him for it. Well, it takes HUGE ideas and a HUGE amount of money to do HUGE things to change the world,...and time is of the essence,...but so many are too superficial to understand, and don't have a clue. If governments are not willing or able to make those changes, then Elon it is. As a person with Asperger's, I guess he's used to the bullying and false interpretations of his thoughts and actions,...and I can, in my own way, relate.

Like so many of us with Asperger's, we are misunderstood by many,...but he is a singularity within the human race and I will support his vision.

Last edited:
Given the production Hell he went through in 2017, '18, and '19 with Tesla on the verge of bankruptcy, while relentless Wall Street short sellers were bound and determined to crush the company stock,...and all the difficulties with repeated SpaceX rocket failures, etc. He has demonstrated himself more a determined visionary,...and less a capitalist. The billions of dollars he has donated to world hunger, the huge battery banks he donated to Australia and other parts of the world, and his desire for freedom of speech and truth, the satellite systems he shipped over to Ukraine, etc. shows he cares about more others than himself. Furthermore, there is an interesting TEDx talk where his ex-wife had nothing but praise for what he is doing for humanity,...how she had to let him go because he belonged to the world,...how his children are proud of him. What ex-wife says things like this? His current girlfriend says similar things like, them sharing a $40,000 house, and him not wanting to buy a mattress after it got a hole in it, to eating peanut butter sandwiches for a week, not having a security entourage, and so on.

I think people get so wrapped up in the superficial title of "the worlds richest man" when literally, nearly all his money is tied up in his companies. Talk to the people who are closest to him and they consistently tell others despite the money on the books, he really doesn't throw it around like others with even a fraction of his income, he just doesn't have access to it,...and if he does throw it around, he has a vision for something better for all of us, not just himself.

I also think many put their values upon him,...which says more about us, than Elon. Well, if I had this much money I would do this or that,...therefore, he must be this way as well. Some people see the extremely wealthy flaunting their money,...again, assuming Elon is the same way. Senators Warren and Sanders falsely accusing him,...simply because he wealthy, of not paying his fair share of taxes,...when in reality he is being taxed at a 53% rate,...and paid billions last year,...well more than the two of them combined. All of this is horrible thinking error that leads to a mischaracterization.

He gets smeared in the media by both the left and the right-wing media for a bunch of stupid things,...mostly false accusations,...and yet he continues on his forward path. As a person with Asperger's, I guess he's used to the bullying and false interpretations of his thoughts and actions,...and I can, in my own way, relate.

Like so many of us with Asperger's, we are understood by many,...but he is a singularity within the human race and I will support his vision.

Yes, he certainly has led a colorful life. Though personally I'm neutral as to what truly motivates him. I just know that people with that kind of net worth have little difficulty in expressing themselves, for better or worse.

If anything, I'm just wondering what his real long-term intent may be regarding Tesla. Much like Warren Buffett, if Musk sneezes Wall Street hears it. Though luckily I'm no longer in the market.

Last edited:
If anything, I'm just wondering what his real long-term intent may be regarding Tesla.

He gets into this very question during the interview. Consider that Tesla is just one of a handful of companies he has,...and is just one part of a future he sees for his children. Tesla, itself, is about sustainable transportation and renewable energy, as well as, significantly lower production costs by economies of scale, vertical integration, and automation,...from raw materials to final products. SpaceX is just ramping up, and has already dropped the costs of launches by over 10-fold,...and will continue to drop so that space travel will be affordable for most people. Our survivability depends upon it. In other words, he isn't about saving the Earth alone, or pushing us out to Mars alone,...it's both. He is working on solving real-world artificial intelligence that is safe and usable for every day things in our lives. The Hyperloop for high-speed commuter travel. Autonomous taxis. The Boring Co. for reducing highway traffic congestion. He's got a lot of ideas and is actively working on several projects.

So when you say "his real long-term intent",...which I think, as written, comes off as a bit cynical,...I honestly think he has the best of intentions. I haven't seen anything he has done or said as anything but being an "honest Aspie",...which, as you know,...can drive people to literally not believe him. As if to say, How can anyone be honest, these days? It's an unusual thing.

So when you say "his real long-term intent",...which I think, as written, comes off as a bit cynical,...

Not cynical- just cautious. Force of habit. A byproduct of being in the stock market for many years with a small fortune at risk.

Where a prudent investor should objectively underwrite any and every individual or business who has or has the perception of controlling interest in a publicly-traded corporation. A particularly complex concern when it comes to Elon Musk. While I never chose to invest in this particular company, I knew a friend who did. He died, largely stressing over so many volatile investments.

Elon Musk and the Control of Tesla

Last edited:
Where a prudent investor should objectively underwrite any and every individual or business who has or has the perception of controlling interest in a publicly-traded corporation. A particularly complex concern when it comes to Elon Musk. While I never chose to invest in this particular company, I knew a friend who did. He died, largely stressing over so many volatile investments.

So, the piece you linked to was written in 2018, amidst all the production Hell and relentless short selling on Wall Street. Now, if this were 2018,...any one would rightfully so have some hesitation and certainly need to objectively underwrite Tesla. However, even though I was an investor, I was in it for the long haul, a "HODLer",...mainly because most people on Wall Street were "day traders", purchasing and selling huge lots of stock whenever the price bumped or dipped by a few percent. I assumed there was going to be volatility,...still is a bit,...but I rode the wave and so, far, quadrupled my investments. The people who understood Tesla and what they were ACTUALLY doing held their stock. They understood Tesla was a data company, an artificial intelligence company, and energy and utility company,...Oh, and by the way,...they make cars, too. Whereas, so many of these other people simply were focused upon the autos and missing the entire purpose of Tesla.

So, the piece you linked to was written in 2018, amidst all the production Hell and relentless short selling on Wall Street. Now, if this were 2018,...any one would rightfully so have some hesitation and certainly need to objectively underwrite Tesla.

I'm merely commenting on issues surrounding Elon Musk as a public figure. Not the viability or volatility of Tesla stock or the ire of their shareholders. Though I've never had an investment where risk inherently diminished with time, regardless of highs, lows and volatility. To me it's all about perpetual due diligence for however long or short the duration in which I held onto a stock.

The personalities of those in charge aren't so important...unless they do something serious that negatively impacts a ROI or appears as an impropriety. Reminds me of Occidental Petroleum's Ray Irani, who we as OP shareholders we fired. He got carried a way with over-compensating himself, despite being with the corporation for some thirty years. In his case he should have maintained a lower profile, but he didn't and ended up on the shareholders' radar.

Though I think we both can conclude it's not Elon Musk's nature to maintain a low profile. I'm not saying Tesla is a bad investment. It's just one that fundamentally did not meet my personal investment strategy as a full-time investor. It's how I made a living for around ten years. Where I intentionally never "fell in love" with any of my investments- or their CEOs. For long term investments I had a well- managed mutual fund which served me well.

BTW, when I mentioned "obnoxious autocrats", I wasn't thinking of Elon Musk at all. ;)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom