• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Feeling lost

AidenMaccullagh

Hey guys i know its been a while since i posted something here but I need an opinion. Lately I have felt lost and in the process forgotten who i am or how i function. At work everything seems to be aimed at me when something goes wrong. I sit a table and I tell the server and everything just collapses. They wait 10 minutes before greeting the table. I will admit that i forget to tell the server they have been sat and then i can understand that but I feel like everything is fired at me when things go wrong.

In general none of my co workers relate to me they don't chat with me like they do everyone else I feel like an outcast. Usually I'm a very happy guy who gets along with everyone. Now no one talks to me no one laughs with me its like they are thinking oh he is autistic who cares.

I have been working there longer than most of the staff there and i have yet to be promoted given a raise. most people look at me like im dirt. I have talked to my job coach and therapist about this and they both said things will turn up. I don't believe it one bit. It seems like I have lost my touch with society. Im 29 and I still don't live on my own. Why can't i be normal like everyone else. Comments and suggestions appreciated.

Sounds like you need to take time to re charge your batteries. No shame in that. Take some time to breathe and I'm sure you'll be fine.

I used to live in Mass. and I would get to feeling down after a long cold winter. It seems like nothing goes right, everyone is grumpy and snarky and I hated everyone and my job.
I hope things get better and I would bet that others at work feel the same, or similar, as you but are good at hiding their misery.

Maybe it's time to take all your work experience and move on. Maybe you have been there too long. Sometimes we need a new perspective on things. l just heard today about a job that l was let go of. It turns out my boss was told to leave, and several other long-term employees are gone. My boss was told there was too many mistakes, here is the door. I worked hard there and was shown little respect, but leaving was better for me in the end. The lady that updated me had severe OCD and l always tried to make her feel okay when she stressed out. I was so surprised she updated me.

New Threads

Top Bottom