• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Feeling Lonley

Owly

Hi. Recently I've had to move out of my husband's friend's house due to a lack of privacy and general chaos. Hes a trucker and comes home weekends. I'm living with my mom now and he doesn't get along with her so I feel stranded, barley ever seeing him. I didn't know it at the time but my aspergers contributed to me having to leave. I could never be alone and was around constant arguing and chaos. I drive an hour and a half to work and back and am lonley and I feel like I'm responsible.

I get that feeling once a day for some reason ,I think you are noticing the stillness and quietness in your room ,I did when I wasnt at the nursing home anymore ,its so still and quiet, then i get a shock if someone walks past, on the street !as im not in a city centre .I get breathless if I try to converse by writing in a one to one conversation

Hi. Recently I've had to move out of my husband's friend's house due to a lack of privacy and general chaos. Hes a trucker and comes home weekends. I'm living with my mom now and he doesn't get along with her so I feel stranded, barley ever seeing him.

I didn't know it at the time but my aspergers contributed to me having to leave. I could never be alone and was around constant arguing and chaos. I drive an hour and a half to work and back and am lonley and I feel like I'm responsible.

First im a ex long haul trucker my self & if he loves you he shouldent have any problems in seeing you weekends even if he needs to drive or even take in to motell/hotell if its his own truck take that to were you are and sleep in it somewhere to get to see you.

Second
DONT blame youre self neither one of us choose to be born with our diagnosis. So what you need to do is try to explain this things for him so he gets chance to decide if he can accept this or not.

Hi Owly. I was married to a long haul truck driver - bad good memories. I seldom seen him. I stayed with his mom a very short time - I couldn't handle it. So he found a house for me - we moved around a lot - Michigan, Utah, Alaska, Montana, Indiana, Texas, but I was always alone with babies and I liked it that way - never knowing my neighbors - just me and my babies. My problem was when he did come home - it threw off everything. I found myself more clumsy and not knowing what to do when he was home. I used to tell people that the reason we got along so well was because he was never home. They all would think I was joking, but there was a lot of truth to that.

It can't be easy to be without your partner for periods at a time. It's a common theme around here in my area.

New Threads

Top Bottom