• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Feeling lonely

Maddiexo

I have friends but it feels like sometimes they’re living in a different world to me and don’t see things the way I do so I can feel a bit disconnected, I’ve look online everyone for places to chat but still can’t find any where I can speak to people around my age who are also going through the same thing

If you use Discord (an Online Chat Platform geared towards Gamers, though there are many places on it that aren't gaming related in any capacity), I do help moderate an Autism Server where many of the people in it are around your age, and they're all great people, some may come off as a little odd/weird, but it doesn't undermine their greatness at all :D

I'll plug a invite link here for you if you wish to join :) Join the Sky Hub Discord Server!
Thank you I will check it out! I did have discord but can’t seem to get back on my account might have to make a new one

Thats how most of us had it & still do im afraid

Sadly there isent many at youre age that are interested in attending forums like this or find other ways and also willing to talk about this things im afraid

But we all have been young ones so we do know and understand more about how you young diagnosed/suspected diagnos with either of the neuropsycological diagnosis (Asberger / Autism = ASD as well as many other diagnosis are part of this ) have it at youre age.
Yes I know I just wish people my age reached out more but thank you, sometimes it feels like I’m living a complete different situation to others, like I’m the least normal on the planet then I remember it’s people like us that are the normal ones :)

It feels like your friends are living in a different world, because they are. People on the spectrum are different from almost everyone else in the world. That difference is what makes you feel disconnected. Most people are social animals and feel the need to be part of something with other people. Most ASD people feel like more of a individual and do not feel the need to belong to a group.

Sorry you are feeling lonely, not easy when we feel out of step with those around us. Twitter can be another good place to connect, I have done this, be warned though it has that positive element but also incredibly negative folks lurking too.

Yes I know I just wish people my age reached out more but thank you, sometimes it feels like I’m living a complete different situation to others, like I’m the least normal on the planet then I remember it’s people like us that are the normal ones :)

Youre very wellcome Maddie and although im older im still here if you want to talk. Or need a friend I have talked & helped a young troubled girl around youre age 15 actually earlier on another forum so dont let my age scare you ;)

And sorry i managed to delete my reply pure accident :oops:

It feels like your friends are living in a different world, because they are. People on the spectrum are different from almost everyone else in the world. That difference is what makes you feel disconnected. Most people are social animals and feel the need to be part of something with other people. Most ASD people feel like more of a individual and do not feel the need to belong to a group.
Yes that’s very true, just tired of feeling like I always have to fit in, it’s hard to find many like minded people but glad I have found this website!

Youre very wellcome Maddie and although im older im still here if you want to talk. Or need a friend I have talked & helped a young troubled girl around youre age 15 actually earlier on another forum so dont let my age scare you ;)

And sorry i managed to delete my reply pure accident :oops:
I’m glad you have offered to talk if I want to because sometimes I don’t know who to talk to, I haven’t got anybody like me in my life I can talk to so glad I have found this website to speak to like minded people :)

Sorry you are feeling lonely, not easy when we feel out of step with those around us. Twitter can be another good place to connect, I have done this, be warned though it has that positive element but also incredibly negative folks lurking too.
Yes I have tried twitter but to be honest I have no clue how to use it!

Yes that’s very true, just tired of feeling like I always have to fit in, it’s hard to find many like minded people but glad I have found this website!

One thing i had to learn along time ago the hard way is DONT try to play or act like youre someone else Maddie. Because we are what we are and we have no chance of being able to pretend were like the others. Nor should you have to feel you have to or ashamed you do have this diagnose

If youre friends are trully youre friends they accept who you are and what ever diagnosis you have. If they not they arent youre reel friends and youre better of without them

Belive me i have tried to fit in and played a role most of my life and it never worked been treated and regarded as an idiot, Retard etc.. Frozend out ,bullied etc... Since pre school up to adult by most (incl my dad ,society , School etc... So belive me when i say been there done that NOT gonna work

Last edited:
Yes I have tried twitter but to be honest I have no clue how to use it!
Best tip I can give if you are interested in having a go - Check out neurodivergent rebel and from her and the retweets and conversations you can build a group of fairly positive people there.

One thing i had to learn along time ago the hard way is DONT try to play or act like youre someone else Maddie. Because we are what we are and we have no chance of being able to pretend were like the others. Nor should you have to feel you have to or ashamed you do have this diagnose

If youre friends are trully youre friends they accept who you are and what ever diagnosis you have. If they not they arent youre reel friends and youre better of without them

Belive me i have tried to fit in and played a role most of my life and it never worked been treated and regarded a an idiot, Retard etc.. frozend out ,bullied etc... Since pre school up to adult by most (incl my dad ,society , School etc... So belive me when i say been there done that NOT gonna work
Yes I think this is still something I need to learn in some areas although I am getting there, accepting myself has taken a long time but I finally do and I don’t want to ruin that because I want to fit in

Best tip I can give if you are interested in having a go - Check out neurodivergent rebel and from her and the retweets and conversations you can build a group of fairly positive people there.
Alright thank you I will have a look now

Yes I think this is still something I need to learn in some areas although I am getting there, accepting myself has taken a long time but I finally do and I don’t want to ruin that because I want to fit in

Just give it time Maddie it took me MANY years to finaly accept and also understand all my gazilion diagnosis.

Also try to learn as much as you can about this diagnose and how it is for us wimen (in al this diagnosis well more ADHD and Asberger / Autism = Asd ) us females display our symtoms or tics difrently then males so you cant compare youre self to other males in youre age either with said diagnose. + its all highly individual as well and there is also different levels and of course possible co morbid diagnosis added to that mix so yeah its ALLOT to learn about this.

And above all DONT try to fight against youre diagnose. Because it will take you down and you will loose that fight. Instead learn about it so you can then accept it and adapt accordingly to it as best you can.

Just give it time Maddie it took me MANY years to finaly accept and also understand all my gazilion diagnosis.

Also try to learn as much as you can about this diagnose and how it is for us wimen (in al this diagnosis well more ADHD and Asberger / Autism = Asd ) us females display our symtoms or tics difrently then males so you cant compare youre self to other males in youre age either with said diagnose. + its all highly individual as well and there is also different levels and of course possible co morbid diagnosis added to that mix so yeah its ALLOT to learn about this.

And above all DONT try to fight against youre diagnose. Because it will take you down and you will loose that fight. Instead learn about it so you can then accept it and adapt accordingly to it as best you can.
I’m thinking about doing a YouTube video on what life is like for me as a teenage girl with Aspergers

I will definitely! :)
Never thought of YouTube ,there are so many posts by young female autists, @BrokenBoy Is 16 !so your age !but I don’t know how much he could converse at the moment, He is still coping with a massive life change ,There is another young member but she is coping as well with a massive change ,hasn’t posted for at least a few weeks.

New Threads

Top Bottom