• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Feeling Homesick

KevinMao133

Going through a really tough phase right now

I miss home, I really do

I miss everything about home, my family and people around me

In fact I have been struggling for the last couple of days, crying nonstop

I might not be as strong as I think. I might never feel comfortable living by myself

Sorry to read you are in pain right now. Let us know how you are doing. Can you do anything to feel more at home where you are currently staying?

What's your reason for being away from home? It's probably something quite important to you, that's brought you away? Are you thinking of going back home after a certain amount of time? It sounds tough, so perhaps think about what's brought you away from home, and what you are gaining through being away? Sorry you feel sad.

I also feel sad that you are struggling right now, especially because your move seemed so exciting not too long ago. It makes sense though to feel this way… you have made a big change.

Is there anything you can do to feel connected to home right now? Can you call someone from home, send an email, or even write a letter?

This may be difficult, but it can be possible to maintain some feeling of connection over a long distance.

Also, is there anything comforting from home that you could incorporate into your new life? Like food that you loved?

Indeed. Home is a feeling, not a place.
I was never able to feel at home anywhere except home.
Still don't, now that home and family are gone. It's been ten years.

Wish there was a quick answer for this, but I don't know of any.
Hope you may find a way.

Going through a really tough phase right now

I miss home, I really do

I miss everything about home, my family and people around me

In fact I have been struggling for the last couple of days, crying nonstop

I might not be as strong as I think. I might never feel comfortable living by myself
I dont know what’s it is that you are doing being away from home but I do know how it feels. I struggled a lot with this feeling whilst at University and also last year when I moved into a place of my own for work. I missed home so much because it was familiar and I don’t react well to having changes. I missed my cats too, and never really realized how much they helped me not feel alone even when at home. I cried often and had many downs in emotions. Being home on your own, I ended up using sounds To feel like I wasn’t on my own all the time. It is now a habit that I do when I need to have some form of noise around me. I struggled a lot on my own in the first year at University, and it wasn’t until i was joined by my sister that I was able to manage A lot better. I think it takes time to be comfortable. And you have to find ways to make it work for you. Try not to be hard on yourself. You’re taking an important step in your life.

New Threads

Top Bottom