• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Feeling born the wrong species?

SchrodingersMeerkat

trash mammal
As young as I can remember I felt I was born the wrong species. I was intrested in the furry comunity for a while and draw myself as a meerkat/cat hybred and refur to it as my "fursona" but aside from that, I don't think I classify as a furry. I lost intrest in the furry community because the animals still had human charastics and running around in a mascot costume isn't my idea of a good time or connecting with my "inner self". The furry comunity overall just seems like another cosplay and the people who do it are usauly in it for fun. I'm serious when I say I feel as if I was born the wrong species. I wonder if I really have some form of underdiagnosed or undiscovered form of lycanthropy. I've felt as if I was born the wrong species since I was able to remember anything. Is feeling as if you were born in the body of the wrong species common to AS?

I feel like an alien, like I am on the wrong planet. I believe that is a very common feeling/description among other people on the spectrum.

I don't necessarily feel as though I was born the wrong species per se, although a fair amount of people have made fun of me and said that I was "part dog" or mockingly called me a furry, as I relate better to canines than humans. I was raised alongside many dogs so we have a mutual understanding of each other, and my dogs do see me as a pack member.

I think everyone knows I'm really a penguin. I always felt attach to them my whole life. I would love to be a true penguin during my after life.

I've been feeling different all my life, like an alien from the moon. I felt like everyone around me was just so "normal", and I just didn't know what was wrong with me, for many years. I never really fit in anywhere and everyone thinks I'm very weird.

Sometimes I feel at odds with my physical self, but regardless of what I feel like, this is the body I'm stuck with, so I just accept it.

Even though I came to cats as an adult, I was able to "sync" with them, and now (see my sig) I run a cat advice site.

I always felt I must have come from an alien planet; judging from the way other people acted about me. And yet, I was able to negotiate the world better than many of them could; I have had 2 successful marriages (widowed after 18 years, now in the 15th year of my second) forged my way through a career without much of a degree or a network of people, teaching myself new skills after the job market changed, etc.

Guess what? That is their problem. Even before my diagnosis, I decided a lot of what they were trying to get me to do was senseless and counter-productive, and not listening to them complain worked better for me.

Because my genes have probably been around a long long time, and thus, have some utility. As I have some utility.

When I was at school I used to say that I feel being from another planet. I'm not born as a wrong species. I just look human. ;)

Well, I don't agree with "trapped in a wrong body" narration even as a transgender person.

I’m not in the furry community nor I’m i on the spectrum but i have been feeling that i was born the wrong species.Ever since the age of 14 i have had this feeling that i was once a panther then reborn as a human.

I’m not in the furry community nor I’m i on the spectrum but i have been feeling that i was born the wrong species.Ever since the age of 14 i have had this feeling that i was once a panther then reborn as a human.
I don’t feel like I’m born I feel disembodied

I've always felt inhuman, yet I have a deep connection with nature that makes me feel very much of Earth, not like I'm an alien or something. I've come to believe for a decade or so now that I have the soul of a dragon in the body of a human.

I feel like an alien, like I am on the wrong planet. I believe that is a very common feeling/description among other people on the spectrum.
I feel this too. I actually went to past-life hypnotherapist to ask if I have been such. He comfirmed it. As have two seers confirmed that too. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom