• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Feeling blocked /stuck on a loop...

Iamnotarabot

Hi !

Do you feel sometimes that you have something to do, but instead of doing it, you just run in circle the entire day?

I do that often, i lose sense of time, and basically 8 to 10h of my day can be only , browsing my 5 favorites websites and my mails for no reason because there is nothing new, going downstairs to do nothing significant like hearing the radio 2min, drinking some water or eating a snake. And then going upstairs and browsing the same websites.

During thoses moment I also have some anger i tend to let out with weird move etc.

Do you feel like that sometimes?

i get stuck in activities and can't shift away.

At times I have trouble getting started on things I want to do (related problem, but slightly different).

Yes, I sometimes get stuck in a loop. No snake eating, though :) I've been meaning to wash the growing pile of dishes in the kitchen, but haven't go round to it. I'm supposed to be applying for a new passport, but haven't got round to doing that, either.

This must be a UK thing because we don’t just “eat snakes” whenever we fill like it lol

A couple of my cousins, actually.
When they have been out of work,
they have caught and cooked snakes
to eat.

This must be a UK thing because we don’t just “eat snakes” whenever we fill like it lol

I think the OP tossed that in as an example
of the most random thing he might do.

My cousins don't live in the UK and neither
do I.

i thought "snake" was a typo, meant to be "snack" (although a snake could be a snack for some)

My mother went to a party and
when she came home, told me that there
had been "exotic" hors d'oeuvres.

In addition to the mundane chips, dips,
little sausages, boiled eggs, toast, and
caviar, there had been rattlesnake on
crackers.

She was not favorably impressed.
Said it was like "bad tuna."
=======================

@tree your stories about snakes as food are very interesting.

Apparently snake soup is a Cantonese delicacy and/or tradition (not clear on that).....Probably more people eat snake then the majority of non-snake-eating North Americans realize.

I do this all the time, I have lots of things I would like to do but I find myself procrastinating all the time. I'm rubbish at keeping on top of my housework and being organised. I will write a to do list and then waste my free time checking fb or wandering round the house also. Sometimes I will sit in the lounge with a cuppa and think about all the things I should be doing

Looks like we all got stuck on a loop... of snake snacks.

Speaking of snake snacks, in my younger days, I have had rattlesnake cooked on a campfire. Not really much different than eating deer heart and liver in camp. Everything tastes better cooked on a camp fire in the woods.

Looks like we all got stuck on a loop... of snake snacks.
The Strawberry Banana Snake Snack. :)
upload_2018-5-28_15-9-44.png

I generally have to make a list and another list and another and carefully talk myself through the day if I am going to get anything at all done. And still I do the wander around aimlessly thing more than I should. Like today. Or yesterday. Though in my defense I was very tired.
Never ate a snake, most are far too cute to eat.

With no limbs to propel it, I’m guessing a lot of that body is muscle, particularly constrictors?

Regarding loops and motivation,
Since not working I found the more time I had the less I did.

The less I did the fewer chores or activities I wanted to do.
Until worrying about how much I had to do and how much I wasn’t doing became a bit of an issue.

I thought myself into hole, so to speak.

I think I had to go with the belief that these chores won’t do themselves and get organised.

I think I may have swung too far over to another extreme,
From doing nothing to rigidly organising my day, timed tasks and so on.

I’m sure I’ll find a balance soon enough.
Just takes time and tweaking perception and routine.

I've eaten grilled snake a couple of times. It's fairly common on menus in Texas restaurants and it tastes good, kinda sweet white meat. I also like alligator and frog legs but, then, I'm an adventurous eater and cook. Snakes have a weird physiology. They are all neck below the head.

New Threads

Top Bottom