• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Feeling another bad depression episode

Markness

Young God
V.I.P Member
I was feeling ok for a good while, especially when I didn’t have to work all last week, but today I feel very down and low. I think part of it is because I had brief insomnia last night and only had about maybe two or even three hours of sleep. I also haven’t taken a certain medication for half a week now since my last bottle of it ran out and the pharmacy couldn’t refill it until they got my psychiatrist’s approval but the inclement weather shut everything down and it’s only today the pharmacy finally got the approval. I also couldn’t see my therapist last week. Even though I am at work, my mind is bringing up things like death, whether or not there is an afterlife, am I going to Hell if there is one, does God hate me if He is real (I am agnostic), will the speed dating event be successful for me, and my interest in doing things is plummeting. It scares me that my mind goes to these places when I am down. I really wish it didn’t.

I was feeling ok for a good while, especially when I didn’t have to work all last week, but today I feel very down and low. I think part of it is because I had brief insomnia last night and only had about maybe two or even three hours of sleep. I also haven’t taken a certain medication for half a week now since my last bottle of it ran out and the pharmacy couldn’t refill it until they got my psychiatrist’s approval but the inclement weather shut everything down and it’s only today the pharmacy finally got the approval. I also couldn’t see my therapist last week. Even though I am at work, my mind is bringing up things like death, whether or not there is an afterlife, am I going to Hell if there is one, does God hate me if He is real (I am agnostic), will the speed dating event be successful for me, and my interest in doing things is plummeting. It scares me that my mind goes to these places when I am down. I really wish it didn’t.

Yeah, can relate to that! Mine decides to berate me about absolutely everything, no matter how minor, and then likes to berate me about berating myself since I've long since learned better! :(:mad::confused:. I had a difficult morning too for some reason, (starting with weird dreams, and progressing when I woke up for a bit.) I had to turn the radio off, put on some helpful music, and read a few pages from the book "Self Care: How To Live Mindfully and Look After Yourself" by Claire Chamberlain, that I bought a while ago from my favourite bookstore, and finally decided to start reading a couple days ago. It's turning out to be a great book with lots of good reminders about how to 'flip that switch' and engage in mood boosting activities and/or calming ones. (like going for a walk in nature, which I did while out for my walk today. (small part of said walk).

Sounds like you've had a number of issues which have lead to your current predicament. Time to be gentle to yourself, I think. :). I've decided to view these occasions as opportunities to demonstrate my ability to practice my coping skills and self care skills. Feels better than being upset with myself for being in this state again. (and yes, I had some help from a long time friend/mentor in making that mental switch. :p)

Thank you. I think when I leave work, I’ll have a good meal somewhere since the inclement weather is over, meditate when I get home, and reduce my screen time for the remainder of the day.

Good strategies, and also you did well spotting the issues contributing to this, which I hope will be sorted out soon. Running out of a needed medication isn't recommended for sure, take care about this as it can definitely make you poorly. Hope you are feeling better, looking forward to reading more of your fiction soon!

Good strategies, and also you did well spotting the issues contributing to this, which I hope will be sorted out soon. Running out of a needed medication isn't recommended for sure, take care about this as it can definitely make you poorly. Hope you are feeling better, looking forward to reading more of your fiction soon!

Thank you, I managed to get the refill I needed and had a full night’s sleep. I still had residual bad feelings in the morning but I’ve been feeling better for the last few hours. Once I overcome my writer’s block, I’ll get back to story telling.

I thought of another strategy that helps me (to varying degrees) at such times. It's sometime I was taught a long time ago. "It's okay to tell your brain to shut up when it's spewing garbage." :) The trick is to be gentle with yourself when telling your brain to shut up, and not being critical about it. (which I have mixed results with) otherwise you start 'beating yourself up' over 'beating yourself up', which only compounds the problem. :(.

Sorry you missed your medication however this might be a reason for your depression or the insomnia.
On average I get less than four hours sleep a night despite the heavy dose of sedation I am on.
The good news is there is an afterlife. I am not religious but I do believe something created the Kosmos and nature.
I also believe in reincarnation the reason being that lessons and learning and spiritual evolution is the reason for reincarnation.
With regards to speed dating and dating sites I think these exist to make money.
The thing about finding a partner is this.
In my experience when I hankered after a partner no one came.
When I was happy being single people chatted me up to many of them I don’t mean to blow my own trumpet.
The point is when will let go of wantThings come to us.
The best place you can find somebody compatible for you when the time is right is by going places you enjoy doing things you enjoy and meeting people you have things in common with and letting it happen naturally and I do not mean the pub. I hope this helps.

New Threads

Top Bottom