• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

feelin sad about dating

paloftoon

V.I.P Member
Dating and social life has sadly not been much different for me than pre-pandemic.

I've managed to keep a respectable job, have a great backup for another one if the one I'm in doesn't work out, have hobbies that lend themselves well to a pandemic, try to keep a bit more physically fit than before, try to maintain where I live and my affairs, dealing with slight physical health issues on my own, and I'd say am comparably well leveled to others around me. Yet, the attraction isn't there anyway from so many others. It's so frustrating. My interests or my race seem to be a big factor. A few people on a dating live stream will say they want this or that and I'll usually be attracted to so and so and meet "their criteria" so well that you know that the only thing left is basically either my looks and/or interests. I'm sad right now. I don't feel I can be balancing anymore than I already am basically. This is my best and the return isn't that great.

We can't be everything to everybody. I am quite older and l am worried that nobody finds me interesting. What am l really saying???? It happens... At any age.... Can you just stay strong? Can you keep on looking? For one guy who maybe slightly entertained by my meager existence, there are 10,000 men who think l am a complete waste of time. Odds are poor in this game.

Last edited:
I doubt if online dating is the answer. Meeting someone through an interest pursued with or alongside others is more likely. Or become active in a gay environment or organisation perhaps. Perhaps you need to put yourself where the nice guys are, and build to a relationship. Once vaccines arrive.

I've done all those things pre-pandemic.

I don't keep myself slotted to just online dating or just in-person dating. Online dating, I use the apps as a "tool" to communicate with people via video chat and play remote games with and/or social distance with someone eventually. If none of those things happen, then I know that the person might be too socially anxious for me or playing games with me.

I doubt if online dating is the answer. Meeting someone through an interest pursued with or alongside others is more likely. Or become active in a gay environment or organisation perhaps. Perhaps you need to put yourself where the nice guys are, and build to a relationship. Once vaccines arrive.

I totally agree on online dating and wish meeting people through a shared interest would happen to me.

I kinda gave up, too. I have friends I like a lot and have deep relationships but none that are specifically romantic. I am OK with that. I am not sure they are, but I am not able to do what I can't.

Intense friendships can be so wonderful and you can learn SO much from other people. I like to hear about their special interests and share mine and it's so intense! But then, well, that is really not enough for most people and I do understand.

I just wish I had more friends who accepted intense, interesting, loyal, fun, open and exploring as opposed to, "Oh, you're cool. Let's do it".

Of course, for people who are into that I am not judging because I KNOW it's important. But it's just not for me or a lot of other Aspies sitting in the dark.

Well, not the dark. I have Homer calling to me, Dante with open arms, and Euripides wooing me with unimaginable delights, and so many others......what more do I need?

New Threads

Top Bottom