• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Feel Good After Talking With My Mother For The First Time!

AuBurney Tuckerson

~GigglesTheAutisticHyena~
I finally had the guts to talk to my mother about how I felt. She made me realize that she was only hard on me as a child because I was her first and only child, and she panicked when I felt depressed. She also told me to stop comparing myself to my brother and that I was a good child compared to him (as he does not do his work or any chores).

She also said that I've learned how to make my own decisions and that by being here, I was helping her. She says the only thing that hurts her is when I hate on myself. She says that the things I go through isn't bad luck; it's life.

Now, I don't know. Maybe I can learn to love myself more ad I did when I learned that my problems over the years was just from not knowing I had autism. The problem ISN'T autism and sensory processing disorded. The problem was NOT KNOWING I had autism and sensory processing disorder. I didn't know I had anxiety until my autism diagnosis, but that explains me having sleepless nights, worrying about losojg one of my limbs (that worry came from learning about something called leprosy and amputation).

OCD wasn't much of an issue as I kept that hidden, and it still isn't now that people know about it. Depression is the big issue. But now I feel happy again, knowing that my mother loves me truly, and that she was only hard on me because I was her only child before Frankie was born, and she gets scared of losing me. And that explains why I saw her pulling out, ready to leave the house, when I came back that night I for lost (of course, I was able to drive, so when she saw the car I was in pull up, she stopped and got out.) She was relieved that I stopped for directions. I just had to explain to her that I cpudlnt call her to tell her since my phone went dead.

Anyway, I glad to know that I never made her life hard. I was happier to know that I am helping her! And as far as my dad being in the military, that could make the money problems easier as well as disability accommodations from the social security department making things easier.

Well done! Sometimes we just have to sit down and talk things out. Life gets in the way, but we need to make time for each other.

New Threads

Top Bottom