• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

FedEx Express ends Amazon contract

Pink Jazz

FedEx will no longer provide express shipping for Amazon in the US

It looks like FedEx Express (the air division of FedEx) is ending its contract with Amazon. Right now the Ground division in unaffected, but I wonder if they will soon follow suit. Could this stall Amazon's One-Day Prime shipping promise? I know FedEx is in the distant minority of nationwide Prime shipments, but now Amazon will have fewer options.

I very rarely get Amazon orders that ship FedEx except if they ship directly from a third party seller (not an Amazon warehouse), I mostly get Amazon Logistics followed by the US Postal Service, with some UPS and OnTrac scattered in.

I have read FedEx actually won a recent contract with Target, unseating UPS. I wonder if this could be part of the reason why they are ending their Express contract with Amazon since the Target contract might be more profitable for them (since they are only a small portion of overall Amazon shipments).

It's a smart move on FedEx's part. Better to serve a broader e-commerce market in general rather than be committed to a mega-retailer like Amazon and all the controversy it continues to draw. FedEx doesn't need a similar target drawn on their backs. It was a good time to get out.

Yeah, I'm also wondering how this will impact Amazon Prime deliveries since FedEx was exclusively doing air transport for Amazon.

Lucrative contracts with some of these mega-corporations are becoming double-edged swords. If they draw the ire of regulators and individual but powerful politicians, you don't want to get hit in the crossfire. No telling what may come down the pike for Amazon.

I live near their headquarters. All of my one day shipping has been through their delivery service and I heard a few days ago that they're getting ready to implement drones.

I live near their headquarters. All of my one day shipping has been through their delivery service and I heard a few days ago that they're getting ready to implement drones.

I still get quite a few Amazon Prime deliveries via USPS (including a few One-Day shipments), and I did get one recently via UPS as well as a few in the past as well. In fact, since Amazon removed the minimum for One-Day shipping here I actually have seen an increase in those shipping via USPS; perhaps it could be due to an increase in demand that Amazon Logistics might not have enough drivers to cover my area. I have in the past gotten a few via OnTrac as well, although they seem less common than they were in the past. The only time I recall getting FedEx for an Amazon order that actually shipped from an Amazon warehouse (not directly from a third party seller) was when I actually paid to upgrade my order to one-day shipping (it was a pink jacket that my mother needed for a party, and two-day shipping would have not gotten the item to us on time).

From what I heard somewhere, the FedEx Ground contract with Amazon runs until 2021. I would not be surprised if FedEx Ground follows suit.

New Threads

Top Bottom