• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fear the Dead

Tom

V.I.P Member
BEWARE !!!! CONTAINS SPOILERS

Just watched the pilot. Mixed feelings. Best scene was the traffic jam & video of it I thought. Some fair tension (we know what's happening but no one else does, except whats his name with knife? Tobias? A lot of character development.. I am already trying to guess which ones don't make it. The young guy I thought annoying at first but then realized he was doing a pretty good junkie. The Mom's ok as well, maybe a survivor. Dad is 2 dimensional. Daughter undeveloped but seems walker-food so far. Wonder what they will call them in Cali?

So I give 3 1/2 stars out of 5.

Last edited:
You mean Fear The Walking Dead? Yes, I decided I might as well watch it now rather than let the episodes pile up and then panic about having to get through all of them should I change my mind.

First episode was alright, but it was only the first episode, it should get better next time. It just needs time to build up.

You mean Fear The Walking Dead? Yes, I decided I might as well watch it now rather than let the episodes pile up and then panic about having to get through all of them should I change my mind.

First episode was alright, but it was only the first episode, it should get better next time. It just needs time to build up.

Yes, I don't even have the title correct, it's 'Fear the Walking Dead'.

or.. "What happened while Rick Grimes was in a coma." :D

Both the Dad & Mom were braver then me going into that church. Was that realistic?

Last edited:
I noticed that they still like to do that thing The Walking Dead does where they build up suspense only for there to be nothing scary at the end of it. X)

The opening scene fooled me. I thought it was a flash-forward to when the apocalypse had already taken place. The church all wrecked and boarded up, graffitti, food and garbage eveywhere, etc. What didn't make sense was the guy's behavior. I was thinking 'How in the world did that dude last even 1 day?' o_O

Last edited:
He seems to have good skills though, was able to get away from his zombie ex (assume she's not longer the GF after zombiefication:)) pretty quickly. Was able to shoot his dealer after the grapple with the gun. He doesn't seem to be fearful just confused, I get the impression that he's already survived quite a bit in his life and will continue to do so.

As for the others I really can't say at this point, not enough character development yet. I suspect that the stepfather will learn pretty quickly because he's got an inquiring mind. He went to the church after all, by himself. As for the Mother, she's seems pretty unconcerned at this point, maybe she'll clue in eventually, once she realizes that the 'authorities' won't rescue everyone.

One of the things I noticed about the 'walking dead' is that many who went on to survive were the ones who were able to adapt pretty quickly, had already been through many challenges in their former lives. None seemed to have been born to wealth or influence, with the exceptions of the people at Alexandria. And we know what will happen to them.

He seems to have good skills though, was able to get away from his zombie ex (assume she's not longer the GF after zombiefication:)) pretty quickly. Was able to shoot his dealer after the grapple with the gun. He doesn't seem to be fearful just confused, I get the impression that he's already survived quite a bit in his life and will continue to do so.

As for the others I really can't say at this point, not enough character development yet. I suspect that the stepfather will learn pretty quickly because he's got an inquiring mind. He went to the church after all, by himself. As for the Mother, she's seems pretty unconcerned at this point, maybe she'll clue in eventually, once she realizes that the 'authorities' won't rescue everyone.

One of the things I noticed about the 'walking dead' is that many who went on to survive were the ones who were able to adapt pretty quickly, had already been through many challenges in their former lives. None seemed to have been born to wealth or influence, with the exceptions of the people at Alexandria. And we know what will happen to them.

I guess I am in a more cisco and egbert mood and have my critics hat on.;)

Fear_Full_Cast.jpg

Hello Aunt Alicia - Alicia was shown in a very predictable teenage light except perhaps spoon feeding her brother.

Nick - He was doing pretty good playing a freaked out junkie who can't walk straight but then as you pointed does surprisingly well in some serious situations. But I had the feeling of too good, too fast, in the last sequence with Calvin. First shooting him with his own gun and then running him over repeatedly.

Madison - People seem to call her Missy. She plays it a bit mixed at this point. Strong lady, but vulnerable?

Travis - Is coming accross like a guy who will do anything to impress Madison. Will always try to be strong, reasonable, do anything, etc. But thats a love/lust driven persona not a real person. And I had to ask, was breaking into that church at night alone, unarmed, realistic? If so he's terminator material.

Overall it was kinda mushy and lacked a gripping episode story. It was more like backstory. Only when they showed small glimpses of what it was like in LA during an outbreak did it pick up a bit. You do want real characters but not too much. It is the zombie crowd after all and the thrills are the thing.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom