• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite Video Game Crossovers...

AGXStarseed

Crossovers can be a bit of a mixed bag - sometimes they're great, sometimes they're okay, sometimes they suck and other times you're left wondering "who the heck thought of putting these things together?"
Video games usually tend to be the best medium when it comes to crossovers - often with plenty of characters to choose from, interesting/different game modes and mechanics and with the simple pleasure of seeing characters from different franchises interacting with each other.

Question is, do you have any favourite video game crossovers?

Here's a video listing one guy's Top 10 video game crossovers (although he refuses to include crossovers where it's just an Easter Egg/Event/Cameo, games that copy the style of another franchise and crossovers involving properties all from one company):

Simply put: Smash Ultimate.

Bowser VS Bayonetta? Megaman VS Isabelle (Animal Crossing)? Ridley VS Cloud Strife? Gannondorf VS the LCD weirdness that is Mr. Game & Watch? How about all 8 at once, playing out in a level from the original Donkey Kong?

It really doesnt get any crazier than that.

There's one thing that always has and always will bug me: How in the funky hell did Cloud get into the game? What manner of witchcraft brought that about? Not only is he not a character from Nintendo's own IPs, he was never on their consoles, period. He's from the Playstation! So.... how? Why?

I'm not complaining, mind you. Just baffled.

And coming next is Joker from Persona 5. Again.... How?

Doesnt... make... sense.

I know Darth Vader was in one of the Soul Calibur games. I only played it a few times because he was in it.

I thought the Dark Lord of the Sith deserved better than to be in a fighting game though.

Simply put: Smash Ultimate.

Bowser VS Bayonetta? Megaman VS Isabelle (Animal Crossing)? Ridley VS Cloud Strife? Gannondorf VS the LCD weirdness that is Mr. Game & Watch? How about all 8 at once, playing out in a level from the original Donkey Kong?

It really doesnt get any crazier than that.

There's one thing that always has and always will bug me: How in the funky hell did Cloud get into the game? What manner of witchcraft brought that about? Not only is he not a character from Nintendo's own IPs, he was never on their consoles, period. He's from the Playstation! So.... how? Why?

I'm not complaining, mind you. Just baffled.

And coming next is Joker from Persona 5. Again.... How?

Doesnt... make... sense.

To be fair, FF7 (along with other FF games, I think a collection even) is gonna be on the Switch in the next month or two

To be fair, FF7 (along with other FF games, I think a collection even) is gonna be on the Switch in the next month or two

Which is true, but the thing about it is that Cloud didnt make his debut in Ultimate: He first appeared in the Wii U version. So that's TWO Smash games he's been in, one of which is on a very low-selling console.

The mystery is even more nonsensical, considering all that.

Which is true, but the thing about it is that Cloud didnt make his debut in Ultimate: He first appeared in the Wii U version. So that's TWO Smash games he's been in, one of which is on a very low-selling console.

The mystery is even more nonsensical, considering all that.

He was a DLC Character in Smash 4, along w/ Pacman, Bayonetta and a few others from 3rd Party IPs

Cloud (SSB4)

I know Darth Vader was in one of the Soul Calibur games. I only played it a few times because he was in it.

I thought the Dark Lord of the Sith deserved better than to be in a fighting game though.

Yeah, Darth Vader. Yoda and Starkiller (Vader's apprentice from The Force Unleashed) all appeared in the Soul Calibur series but on different consoles.
While their appearances were non-canon (the fate of all guest characters in Soul Calibur), it was cool to see. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom