• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite Tim Curry Songs?

AGXStarseed

For those of you who like to hear Tim Curry's songs - be they from movies, the theatre or his albums - which ones do you like best?

I'll throw in a few examples:

"Toxic Love" - Ferngully: The Last Rainforest

"A Professional Pirate" - Muppet Treasure Island

"I'm All Alone" - Monty Python's Spamalot

"Take Me I'm Yours" - Squeeze Cover

"Anything Can Happen On Halloween" - The Worst Witch (1986)
(Best entrance ever. :D)

Professional Pirates to be sure.

Hey ho ho!
We're honorable men
And before we lose our tempers we will
Always count to ten

Sweet Transvestite. No contest.

"Don't get strung out
By the way I look
Don't @Judge a book by it's cover
I'm not much of a man
By the light of day
But by night I'm one HELL of a lover"

Here's a few more from Mr. Curry:

I Do The Rock - "Fearless (Album)"

Summer in the City - "The Lovin' Spoonful Cover"

Dancing in the Streets - "Marvin Gaye Cover"

Don't Fall In Love - "Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas"

Don't Make Me Laugh - "The Pebble and the Penguin"

Professional pirate is by far my favorite. Love him in Rocky Horror Picture Show as well. The man is a living legend to me.

No singing, but I liked him in Loaded Weapon (1993). It was a sly nod to RHPS.

It was a little weird to see him in a deadly serious role as Dr. Petrov in K-19: The Widowmaker. I kept waiting for him to break out in glorious song. Just as well he didn't though. Harrison Ford probably would have shot him.

Tragic that he's confined to a wheelchair.

It was a little weird to see him in a deadly serious role as Dr. Petrov in K-19: The Widowmaker. I kept waiting for him to break out in glorious song. Just as well he didn't though. Harrison Ford probably would have shot him.

He was in Criminal Minds, and that character was also veeeeerrry different to what I was used Tito from Curry.

He was also in an episode of Poirot.

He was in Criminal Minds, and that character was also veeeeerrry different to what I was used Tito from Curry.

He was also in an episode of Poirot.

I think one of my favourites regarding his film roles was when he was in Home Alone 2: Lost in New York when he played the concierge at the Plaza Hotel.
Outside of the funny way he says things (Piz-za, Have a lovely daay!, What's the mat-ta?) and the scene where he gets scared by the inflatable clown (pretty funny since he played Pennywise in Stephen Kings' IT), I always love that scene when it shows the Grinch's grin fade into Tim Curry's grin - that was a great shot.

Speaking of Pennywise, who can watch this bit with a straight face?

This topic just reminds me of how much I love Tim Curry.

He also did the voice of Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious in Seasons 5 - 7 of Star Wars: Clone Wars following the death of previous voice actor Ian Abercrombie
Here's one clip from one of the show's episodes, with Tim Curry voicing Sidious' last lines of the episode, after Sidious says "There is no mercy":

This thread is ancient, but I love Tim Curry! My first introduction was in Fern Gully, and picking a favourite song from him is nearly impossible, but he does a cover of I Put a Spell on You that I find really creepy and beautiful.

New Threads

Top Bottom