• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite Disney Film...

AGXStarseed

Simple question; What is your favourite Disney film?

To refresh your memory of some that you may not remember as well, here's Nostalgia Critic reviewing the majority of Disney's movies - live action, both 2D and 3D and also even the re-dubbed versions of the Studio Ghibli films that Disney marketed;

Mulan or Beauty and the Beast.

Female protagonists with brains and minds of their own. One hyperlexic, the other tending towards hypergraphic. While Belle obviously prefers Fantasy novels, her dad is a scientist, and she probably has read her share of non-fiction. Mulan has brilliant spacial reasoning, she probably had a good education.

Eta: And the outsider-y status of both, that sort of goes without saying.

Last edited:
Basil the Great Mouse Detective.
I'm a big Sherlock Holmes fan and I think that the film does well to capture Holmes' personality and characteristics. I also enjoy the references to the Basil Rathbone films and to the Sign of the Four novel.
I love Basil and how quickly he moves around the scenes.
I always feel a little disappointed that it never had a sequel while the majority of other Disney animated movies did.

Edit: Which is your favourite, AGXStarseed?

Basil the Great Mouse Detective.
I'm a big Sherlock Holmes fan and I think that the film does well to capture Holmes' personality and characteristics. I also enjoy the references to the Basil Rathbone films and to the Sign of the Four novel.
I love Basil and how quickly he moves around the scenes.
I always feel a little disappointed that it never had a sequel while the majority of other Disney animated movies did.

Edit: Which is your favourite, AGXStarseed?

Nice choice. :)

As for my favourite, I can't really say that I have one. I have to be in the 'right mood' in order to watch one and all the Disney movies have things in them that I like - whether its the story, the characters, the music, certain scenes, etc.

For example I love Dumbo, Peter Pan and The Rescuers Down Under for the flying scenes as they just give you that feeling of total freedom and excitement to the point where you wish you were soaring along with them.
But then there were other things I liked. For Dumbo, I loved the music and visuals as well as seeing Dumbo eventually triumph over great adversity to eventually be respected by everyone and also reunited with his mother.
For Peter Pan, I again love the songs and also the comedy - particularly that scene in the cave with Hook and Tick Tock the Crocodile (cracks me up every time).
For the Rescuers Down Under, Marahute is just such a beautiful and lovable character despite never speaking a word, while there's some good comedy scenes such as when Joanna is stealing Mcleach's eggs or any scene with Wilbur in it (John Candy really made that role).

I also like the Legend of Sleepy Hollow for the characters - mainly because when you're a child, the characters seem to follow that standard stereotype; Ichabod been the innocent and charming protagonist, Katrina been the beautiful maiden and Brom been the bully. However, when you watch it again as an adult, you see each of the character's personalities are more life-like and blurred.
For instance, Brom (despite been a bully) is seen as a town hero of sorts who just likes playing pranks and having a laugh. Katrina, despite appearing to admire Ichabod, is really only using him to make Brom - who she already loves - jealous as Ichabod is more of an intellectual match for his rival.
Ichabod, as the Nostalgia Critic points out in the first video at around 38:33, is a bit of a dick - loving Katrina for her beauty but mainly been interested in her money (to the point of imagining her wealthy father already been out of the picture).
Finally, another thing I liked about it was the Headless Horseman. He gave me nightmares as a kid, but that character is epic despite only been on screen such a short time after building up to his appearance; Not to mention that laugh of his is awesome.

Honestly, I could carry on for ages but this post is already really long and I think I've made my point.

I must admit, I like Disney and I have a favourite Disney movie. I was born in 1988 and I like Oliver and Company (which didnt have a Sequel and was made in December 1988). I like Treasure Planet too (that didnt have a sequel too) but I wonder what happened to Oliver and Dodger managed to make it to my second favourite Disney character. I like basicly all of the Disney classics (the ones I have not seen, I cant comment but the ones I have seen, I like). You asked my favourite one, I can give you my favourite 2 then :)

Number 2 for me has to be a classic and it is a classic to me. With apes and Chimps and a man who understands it as well as Phil Collins brilliant work on the Soundtrack, it has to be Tarzan (released in 1999). Its a good love story too. My favourite character from this movie is Tantor.

But for me, my first favourite Disney film, my favourite film (even though its been around for around about 21 years and still, its a true Disney classic) just has to be the one with the most captivating story to me. It is of course ... The Lion King. Why do I like it so much??? Is it because I saw it in theatres when it first came out in New Zealand??? No. What about the fact I have watched it more than 100 times??? No. Well, is it the story??? Probably that, the music too like "Hakuna Matata", the fact that they incorporated languages from Africa and used African animals, not the fact that they based it on Shakespear, but its just a classic. My favourite Disney character is in it and most people go "I like Simba" or "I like Nala" or "I like Pumbaa and Timon" but my favourite character could be underestimated for some odd reason. He is a secondary character and appears in The Lion King 2 - Simbas Pride and Lion King 3 (also known as Lion King 1 & a half) where you hear Timons story and how he and Pumbaa met. He is voiced by Robert Gullimere so it has to be wise, very wise indeed. Who could I be talking about with this wise secondary character, it is of course Rafiki. To me Rafiki has many things that make him stand out. He says, to me, one of the most funniest names in history for if you translate the words "Asanate Squash Banana" they say "Thankyou Squash Banana" and I learnt later they picked it up from kids chanting it or his song is from that. He says some captivating lines too which are wise like "Look beyond what you see" and "Any good story is worth being told twice" (both those lines are off The Lion King 3) and I saw Rafiki in The Lion King first. His name in Swahili actually translates to "Friend" so thats why I like him. Will this movie always be my favourite Disney movie??? Of course it will be and I can quote lines from it like those I have said :) But for me, the cross between the Mandrill and the Baboon or Rafiki has to stand out more than the characters like Zazu, Simba and Scar. Thats just my oppinion because to me, they may not be as wise as Rafiki and Rafiki is wise, there is no doubt about that and thats probably why he is my favourite character of all the cartoon series and movies I have seen ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoot... you can't just ask my my favorite Disney film. It's too hard to choose. XD I love so many. But I'm partial to anything by Mickey Mouse, and also the DuckTales movie.

So tough!!!

Let me start off by saying I love all Disney films (That I've watched)

But my top ones would be The Little Mermaid (more nostalgia than anything else, it was my favorite when I was younger to it's got a special place), The Lion King (The music) Mulan (just love it in general, te music, and it's hilarious), I adore Beauty and the Beast (just everything about it, plus it gives me hope LOL). But at the moment the one I'm obsessing over the most would be the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Beauty and the beast I just love that movie plus I relate to belle in the fact that she was considered odd by the village people and I myself have struggled with feeling different too.

Aladdin...LOVE Robin Williams.

Aladdin was the first "cartoon" movie I fell in love with as an adult. I loved the Genie character and couldn't get enough of his antics, even though that sort of thing usually annoyed me. But he was so clever about it!

The Lion King, Mulan, Cars, The Incredibles (can I count the ones made with Pixar?) make my top 5...could watch them over and over and over and not get tired of them. Inside Out was also really good, but can't count it in the top 5 until it steeps for while, lol.

Aladdin...LOVE Robin Williams.

Aladdin was the first "cartoon" movie I fell in love with as an adult. I loved the Genie character and couldn't get enough of his antics, even though that sort of thing usually annoyed me. But he was so clever about it!

The Lion King, Mulan, Cars, The Incredibles (can I count the ones made with Pixar?) make my top 5...could watch them over and over and over and not get tired of them. Inside Out was also really good, but can't count it in the top 5 until it steeps for while, lol.
The Cars and Airplanes Pixars are very correct in mannerisms and historical accuracy. Very good films in my honest opinion.

i have a lot that i like.. even to this day

one of my favorites was "bedknobs and broomsticks"... the whole thing is great but the ending specifically was my favorite part. i always liked old stuff

< thats the ending.... i suggest watching the whole movie. the ending is a good ending, but it has a different feel than the rest of the movie does

Robin Hood, Robin and Marian are foxes and Prince John's crown keeps slipping over his eyes. My mum always used to play it when I was ill as a kid, so I suppose it's a bit weird that I remember it so fondly..!

And the Emperor's New Groove, just funny ☺

Hmmm. Lots of them. But one remains a childhood favorite over most others. Before Batman there was "The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh". And anything with Hayley Mills. :)

Robin Hood definately. Roger Miller's songs and Peter Ustinov's King John were highlights.

Favorite line: "Faint hearts never won fair ladies."

High School Musical, I only have good memories of watching this at my grandparents and with my best friend. Plus, its quite fun to watch some high school drama when you are removed from it... o_O

I also quite like beauty and the beast :)

Beauty and the Beast, which I love as both a musical film and Broadway show. But then, I'm interested in the different versions of this story anyway.
I just wish the songs in The Princess and the Frog were more memorable to me, because while I'm not always in favour of rewriting a fairytale (I prefer the original The Little Mermaid for example), the twist here was great.
Frozen is just a mess of plotholes with a power ballad to carry it, but I can't help but like it.

Pirates Of The Caribbean

funny-jack-sparrow-quotes-did-everyone-see-that.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom