• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite Current Music

LeroyT1000

Hi just thought I would create a thread of everyone's favourite current song or songs. At the moment I love Nathan Sykes' 'Over and Over Again'. I think it's a brilliant piece of writing and he's got a great voice and he sings the song with such feeling it's great to hear and see.

Hi just thought I would create a thread of everyone's favourite current song or songs. At the moment I love Nathan Sykes' 'Over and Over Again'. I think it's a brilliant piece of writing and he's got a great voice and he sings the song with such feeling it's great to hear and see.

When I'm painting I'll often put a song on loop for a while. Last night it was Nine Inch Nails, the "Reptilian" remix.

My own. okay that's a bit conceited and not entirely true. yes I do think mine is the best within my genre but, I love music of several genres. right now on my list of who I adore are a few younger artists.

Something Like Kites he's good and such a positive message and, the guy has a huge heart, giving away his music, recording for unknowns free of charge, amazing guy.

Space March not well known yet but, synthpop is a niche genre and, he's very good at it, pretty cool guy too and, he is down to earth, real, not letting the hype get to his head and I like to see that in an artist.

Zayn Malik - his solo stuff which there isn't much of out there yet but, that kid has been through hell and back and, he keeps pushing. I have to respect that. He's also got a great voice and, his chest to head voice transitions are about as flawless as I've ever heard.

My own. okay that's a bit conceited and not entirely true. yes I do think mine is the best within my genre but, I love music of several genres. right now on my list of who I adore are a few younger artists.

Something Like Kites he's good and such a positive message and, the guy has a huge heart, giving away his music, recording for unknowns free of charge, amazing guy.

Space March not well known yet but, synthpop is a niche genre and, he's very good at it, pretty cool guy too and, he is down to earth, real, not letting the hype get to his head and I like to see that in an artist.

Zayn Malik - his solo stuff which there isn't much of out there yet but, that kid has been through hell and back and, he keeps pushing. I have to respect that. He's also got a great voice and, his chest to head voice transitions are about as flawless as I've ever heard.
Ah Zayn Malik! Reminds me of myself! Mixed race Asian lad from Yorkshire! Born in the same month too! LOL! I couldn't get my head round the One D exit.....I thought racism but I think I've just caught on a little now :)

Well, Black Sabbath is still releasing albums (and they've even got three quarters of their original lineup back), Wolfmother is a recent hard rock band with some metallic influences. I've got a Lethal Vice album that came out in 2014, plus there's Alestorm. Anvil and Alice in Chains both released albums in 2013. So there's a lot of good stuff, but individual songs aren't coming to me right now, since I'm mostly listening to older or less familiar stuff at present (I have a lot of music in my library, so it takes a while to listen to all of it, and it spans six decades).

I've been listening to a lot of neo-prog recently, but I also like some other genres such as folk rock/metal.

What I listen to these days is the same as it has been for a very long time. Classic rock, mostly Pink Floyd and classical music.

I'm not tied down to any specific genre, I like quite a variety. Classical can be good but I mostly go for rock. I like Nine Inch Nails, I'm currently listening to Marilyn Manson's Mechanical Animals again; I used to listen to this when my oldest brother was going through the goth phase so it practically grew up listening to it, holds some nostalgia. I like my soundtracks, like Deus Ex: Human Revolution's OST and Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 OST too. I can't pin down one specific artist I like because I go through intense phases of repetition of certain artists so it changes all the time.

I love classical music, all of it: baroque, the classical period, romanticism, impressionist (maybe not so much), 20th century dissonance, opera, ballet, twelve tone (hard to listen too), and Phillip Glass (in small doses).

I never listen to anything else, no country, no rock, no hard metal etc. etc. I do not have anything against these other genres except they sometimes arouse memories and feelings best left forgotten and undisturbed.

Classical gives me everything I could possible want. The complexity, power and endless variety of orchestral music enjoyed in an old musty concert hall is the pinnacle of musical entertainment.

My aspie son has been playing classical violin for 17 years. He started playing shortly before his fourth birthday immediately excelled and is currently studying it at the University. He was my introduction to classical and the reason I immersed myself into it.

I mostly listen to southern gospel and country music from the 80's. Most of the country music made today is more like pop. I want some fiddles and steel guitars, not pretty boys in cowboy hats with synthesizers in the background.

I also like gospel bluegrass. Thank God for Pandora radio.

I mostly like listening to ambient / new age / choir / trance music. It's great for decompressing after having a sensory overload. I pretty much will listen to any of those genres, irregardless of what time period it's from.

New Threads

Top Bottom