• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite Anime?

FragMuffin

For me its:
Darker Than Black
Eureka Seven
Death Note
Baccano!
Durarara!! (First Season)
Code Geass
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Terror In Resonance

My all time favourite one ever that's seriously the best one ever and is definitely going to be considered a classic forever?
I would have to say it's Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryoko. It's a beautiful and powerful odd couple comedy that takes place under tragic circumstances and has my favourite actors who are perfect for their roles and has an amazing soundtrack including the foley not just the music. :)
And are the odd couple an NT and ND, or are they ND extravert and ND introvert? :)
..but that isn't the anime that I think about most, rewatch, and constantly listen to the soundtrack of, and the character songs, and play the mobile phone game lol, and have their posters on my wall (although I wouldn't mind one of those) lol. o_O

Last edited:
That's answering the question, Streetwise! "favourite anime" Is it the first one? The last one? Your all time favourite one ever that's seriously the best one ever and is definitely going to be considered a classic forever?
I would have to say it's Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryoko. It's a beautiful and powerful odd couple comedy that's also a traumatising tragedy and has amazing soundtrack and actors. :)
..but that isn't the one that I think about most, rewatch, and constantly listen to the soundtrack of, and the character songs, and play the mobile phone game lol, and have their posters on my wall (although I wouldn't mind one of those).
Its the only one ,I find all the others unnerving ,It didnt help at the time ,that I associated anime with the murder of a young British woman, in a city in japan ,dont think it was tokyo?!then Saran poisoning !.

Its the only one ,I find all the others unnerving ,It didnt help at the time ,that I associated anime with the murder of a young British woman, in a city in japan ,dont think it was tokyo?!then Saran poisoning !.
You watched all the others, even though they all unnerved you? o_O;)
I appreciate your being able to pick a favourite one, it allows actual discussion around the subject of the object, lol. What do you love about the movie The Cat King?

What do you like about
? :)
What do love about
? :)
Well its how the main character Monkey D luffy is that makes me like the show. He never lets anyone down and is there to help the less fortunate people without prejudice. I aspire to be like him and help out anyone I can.

You watched all the others, even though they all unnerved you? o_O;)
I appreciate your being able to pick a favourite one, it allows actual discussion around the subject of the object, lol. What do you love about the movie The Cat King?
No I didnt watch others saw stills in tv guides and avoided them ,I loved the cat king lying on his throne being carried by cats !and a count I think ?in the cat kingdom !coming out of his cute cat house !

For me its:
Darker Than Black
Eureka Seven
Death Note
Baccano!
Durarara!! (First Season)
Code Geass
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Terror In Resonance
My favorite anime is definitely boku no hero academia! Followed by barakamon, fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, haikyuu, psycho pass, steins gate and durarara

For me it's mostly older ones.... stuff like Iria, or Outlaw Star, Armitage.... things from that era.

Alot of more recent series are, well.... ehhhhhh. At some point, someone decided that every minute of every anime needed to be boobs and explosions. Either one, the other, or both, are happening at any given time. If neither is happening, it's probably the ending credits. And that just.... yeah. Got tired of that quite awhile ago so I find myself rarely watching anime these days because it's hard to find one that DOESNT do that. Granted the bit with explosions happens in even older ones, but what I really mean is series like, say, Fairy Tail, where it's JUST fights ALL THE TIME. It's an okay series and I get why people like it, but it cant hold my attention.

Instead, I end up reading alot of manga. Usually, whatever I'm reading either hasnt been made into an anime, or it's been made into one of those half-@$$ed ones where it's like 10 episodes that almost cover the first fourth of the series maybe and then just abruptly stops.

The one big exception though is horror series. But there are hardly any of those. I did watch through Corpse Princess recently (what a name that is), that was quite good, though the ending made me want to stab something.

For me it's mostly older ones.... stuff like Iria, or Outlaw Star, Armitage.... things from that era.

Alot of more recent series are, well.... ehhhhhh. At some point, someone decided that every minute of every anime needed to be boobs and explosions. Either one, the other, or both, are happening at any given time. If neither is happening, it's probably the ending credits. And that just.... yeah. Got tired of that quite awhile ago so I find myself rarely watching anime these days because it's hard to find one that DOESNT do that. Granted the bit with explosions happens in even older ones, but what I really mean is series like, say, Fairy Tail, where it's JUST fights ALL THE TIME. It's an okay series and I get why people like it, but it cant hold my attention.

Instead, I end up reading alot of manga. Usually, whatever I'm reading either hasnt been made into an anime, or it's been made into one of those half-@$$ed ones where it's like 10 episodes that almost cover the first fourth of the series maybe and then just abruptly stops.

The one big exception though is horror series. But there are hardly any of those. I did watch through Corpse Princess recently (what a name that is), that was quite good, though the ending made me want to stab something.
Yeah i tend to avoid anime in the above and like somewhat more serious anime, although i dont mind explosions

Made in Abyss - The source material is Much darker than I expected. Brought back memories of my combat life saver training(Make it feel real so when it happens you know you can function).

Kanata no Astra is fun. Though highly optimistic in the characters survival skills in my opinion - a bit predictable.

I enjoyed the Crest of the stars and Banner of the stars.

Legend of Galactic Heroes is good though they miss some tactical options.
For instance at one point one of the Empire fleets attempts a break through, the Federation fleet could have moved one half of it's ships high or low to catch the Empire fleet in a crossfire without risk of friendly fire and then move into a pursuit to finish of the surviving ships - turns a battle of attrition into a rout.

Hitsugi no Chaika - interesting magic system.

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar has good atmosphere.

And if anyone is interested in not giving themselves PTSD...
They're uploading to YouTube one episode per day of LoveLive! at the moment.
There's no explosions, no extreme body horror, no torture and no one gets murdered. It's about dancing and singing highschoolers with a mission.
I watched the first of season two today, but all the others are still available to watch and download for free. :)
It's rated as suitable for all ages. No subtitles. If you want subs you'll have to buy it, or steal it!

Lovelive! Season one - YouTube

Last edited:
Today I would say Azumanga Daioh, and Steins;Gate. To much to do at the moment to watch something new.

Used to like Galaxy Express 999 back in 2013/2014. Mostly watched it on a 2 hour buss trip two times a week for an entire year. I have some issues with it today, mostly in the repetitiveness of the episodes.
I will thank it for creating my fondness for older Japanese trains that I still have today.

I Enjoyed Steins;Gate quite a lot. I watched it without reading a description/knowing anything about it.
Pretty sure that's the best way to watch this show.

New Threads

Top Bottom