• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite Sport/Team?

VernalSole1355

Fellow sports lovers of the Aspie Forums, what's your favorite sport? Do you have a favorite team for that sport?

My favorite sport is: Baseball
My favorite team are: Atlanta Braves

I also like American Football, Ice Hockey, Basketball, and Soccer.

My favorite would be football (soccer) as I love the accessibility - don't need much to play, and rules are pretty simple. I like basketball for the same reason.

The US and Canada both have excellent women's soccer teams, but both of their men's teams... could be better. I think part of the problem is that American football (US) and ice hockey (Canada) are much more popular for boys.

Being in the PNW, one of my regrets for professional basketball is how we never got to see a Seattle Sonics - Vancouver Grizzlies playoff series, but ironically, post-moves, there have been several OKC Thunder - Memphis Grizzles series.

@VictorR Yeah, that would have been fun for everybody in that region.

I agree with you in that American football & Ice hockey are more popular. Soccer isn't nearly as popular in terms of adult play nearly as much as it is everywhere else in the world, namely Europe.

I really don't follow hardly any sports leagues that involve teams, except for the Canadian Football League, and I'll admit to being into our home team, the Calgary Stampeders

And my other strange fascination is watching golf on TV, one of the most relaxing things to do, yet interestingly enough I don't play golf (twice in my entire life)... I do know enough about the rules to follow the tournaments...

Rugby - the classics: all blacks, oranjes and springboks
And world class soccer - esp womens soccer
Personally I played rugby for 10 years when I was a bit sprightlier and now enjoy horse agility

I lack hand/eye coordination and probably most other coordination pairings that exist, but I enjoy watching tennis, and some events like the winter sport where they ski and shoot, it's a biathlon. Also quite like the events like tossing the caber!

My favourite sport are Sailing and Windsurfing. I don't have a favourite team in Sailing. I like to sail my self and go to open sea sailing races.

Toronto-Maple-Leafs-Logo-1970.jpg

I really don't follow hardly any sports leagues that involve teams, except for the Canadian Football League, and I'll admit to being into our home team, the Calgary Stampeders

And my other strange fascination is watching golf on TV, one of the most relaxing things to do, yet interestingly enough I don't play golf (twice in my entire life)... I do know enough about the rules to follow the tournaments...

I watch the CFL when I can, especially during the beginning of the season before the NFL & NCAAF get going.
I do watch golf occasionally, usually when Tiger Woods or Happy Gilmore is playing.

@OkRad Nice. Good luck in the playoffs!

The sports I like have all been individual. Probably from never having the skills in team sports when young and hence being looked upon as a liability. I once got involved in Volleyball with a bunch of Chinese Engineering students and became adept at the play, being able to bump, set, spike, and block.

I received training and have enjoyed Whitewater OC1 (single person open canoe) and have been lucky to run many of the classic Class IV drops in America. Second is SCUBA that has taken me from the Galapagos to Borneo and Sulawesi.

I really love sports of all kinds. I like team sports, but only for watching. Like most of us here, I could never be a member of a sports team. But I do enjoy watching team sports, particularly NCAA and NFL football. I am really looking forward to the Olympics since we didn't get them last summer. I participate in several individual sports. In my younger days I raced motorcycles and snowmobiles. These days I play golf and shoot guns. Since my wife will not allow motorcycles or snowmobiles, we have Jeeps, a his and a hers.

Green Bay Packers! I like football in snow, lots of snow. I also like to watch the fights, but that was mostly years ago not sure who all the new fighters are now.

NHRA dragracing spectator/participant

Like they say, Top Fuel NHRA dragracing, because everything else is just a game :D

Possibly a rumor, but maybe not, it's been said that Wally Parks, the founder of NHRA drag racing once told Bill France, the founder of NASCAR stock car racing that if their cars were still able to make the bend after going down the straightaway, that their cars weren't going fast enough :p

@Nitro
Sees your name is Nitro.

Ironic.

5ai06j
Not really, it's a part of a special interest :p
There is something about 11,000+ horsepower V-8 engine cars that really gets my heart pumping.
0-335+ miles per hour in 1,000 feet of track in under 4 seconds from a standing start makes them the fastest accelerating vehicles on the planet.
The reverberations of these cars roll thru your entire body and shake every bone in it when under power and the nitromethane fumes in the air at an event gives you a high that lasts several days.
If you stand at half track or the 500 foot marker by the fence, you cannot see the cars as they go by because it rattles your eyes in your head to a blur.
The 500 cubic inch displacement engines are based on a block that shares the outside physical dimensions of the original 426 street hemi that was sold in production cars in the 60s and early 70s. They were advertised as having 425 horsepower for insurance purposes, but usually pumped out over 600.
The 14-71 superchargers that force feed them air require more parasitic horsepower loss to drive them than the 426 street hemi was capable of producing.
The Roots style superchargers are based on the exhaust scavaging blowers that were originally used on Detroit 2 stroke diesel engines.
The 14 refers to the number of cylinders the blower was capable of scavaging, while the 71 references the cubic inch displacement of the individual cylinders.
I'm also involved in model aircraft that use up to 50% of nitromethane in their fuel mix.
Nitro or combinations of it has been my online handle for around two decades now :cool:

Last edited:
Green Bay Packers! I like football in snow, lots of snow. I also like to watch the fights, but that was mostly years ago not sure who all the new fighters are now.

Green Bay is ok, perhaps my 2nd favorite team, but Buffalo Bills by far I like the best Grew up near there, and one year maybe they'll win a Super Bowl after losing four.

Sports: Soccer, alpine skiing, cycling
Favourite soccer teams: Barcelona, Bayern, PSG, Dinamo Zagreb
Favourite skiers: Marcel Hirscher(now retired), Filip Zubčić
Favourite cyclists: Peter Sagan, Tadej Pogačar, Primož Roglić

My favorite and only sport is NBA basketball. I also love the Harlem Globetrotters because they use basketball to bring joy to the world. NBA basketball is just as much as a player's league as it is a team's league. Many NBA fans are fans of a player and follow/support said player's team. Overall I only play alone on a playground shooting underhand free throws and practicing layups (Kyrie Irving is my favorite player and hence the Nets are my favorite team).

New Threads

Top Bottom