• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite Spoon...?

Crossbreed

Neur-D Missionary ☝️
V.I.P Member
I have a favorite spoon.
It is bigger than a teaspoon, but smaller than a tablespoon; probably 2 tsp.
Its handle is comfortable in both length & shape.

My 2e son in college knows a 50-something man in his church (who is likely an undiagnosed autie) who has a favorite (butter) knife.

Does anyone here have a favorite item that would otherwise be considered trivial?

I collect dog figurines and I have a few favorites… I will post pictures at some point.

I have a favorite music box that plays Silent Night.

And since it’s relevant, I do have favorite utensils… I like the big forks better than the little forks, and the little spoons better than the big spoons.

The smaller the better. I like tiny sample spoons or even measuring spoons. My favorite spoon is small with a very long handle.

I do not consider this to be on the spectrum, for I have heard many times, that ones who have to cook a lot, have their favourite utensils and yep, I have a favourite butter knife and a knife that I use for peeling potatoes as the typical one that is used, I cannot use.

When I was around 3 yrs. old until age 5, I had what I called my Good Spoom.
That's how I pronounced it.
It was a daily ritual to grab my Good Spoom, (a certain large tablespoon), after breakfast and go outside
to a particular place on the north side of the house where there was a patch of soft dirt and dig.

I really don't know what I thought I was going to find, but, it was how I started the day.
Guess I thought I was on Oak Island!

Now I collect rocks.
Wonder if Rick had a good spoon? :D

I have a favorite spoon.

My 2e son in college knows a 50-something man in his church (who is likely an undiagnosed autie) who has a favorite (butter) knife.

Does anyone here have a favorite item that would otherwise be considered trivial?
a tiny paper cup with a tiny plastic lid that I got from caffe Nero

My favorites consist of an iced tea spoon, a “just right” soup spoon, & a small (salad) fork.

The knife doesn’t matter. The others need to feel comfortable, the right weight, not unbalanced or heavy.

When I travel I bring the fork & spoins along with me.

Someone told me I have a nephew who also insists on the small fork.

Wonder if Rick had a good spoon?
full
(Who is Rick...?)

Dinner knife and fork - correct weight and balanced.
have been known to carry my own with me when eating out. Just in case restaurant cutlery doesn't feel right in my hands.
(Go so far as to say it can spoil my meal)

Fountain Pen, ball point pen and pencil.
Again, strong preference for specific brand. How it feels in my hand when using, how ink flows and so on.

Tea cup.
can't drink tea out of anything else.
politely refuse offers of tea when visiting. Don't like their tea cups :)

And yet I'd drink their coffee from a carburettor if that's all they had to offer it in :)
wonderfully odd isn't it? :)

My coffee cup. It is really a cappucino cup and holds about 4 oz. It is the perfect shape, weight and size. I use it exclusively, even in the car as it fits my cup holder. I pour a couple of ounces hot coffee out of my travel cup into my little cup. I prefer to sip my coffee so the small cup helps my coffee to cool down but the travel cup keeps the rest hot until I want it. I don't like drinking out of travel cups.

But I've been known to take a fancy to random dishes, cups, utensils etc and barter or buy the item from willing friends.

full
(Who is Rick...?)
I thought someone would probably ask this question.
Unless you are a fan of the History Channel's Oak Island series, you wouldn't know.
The joke comes from the fact Rick and Marty Lagina (brothers), saw an article in Reader's Digest
about a treasure vault on Oak Island, Nova Scotia at the same time I did and never forgot it.
We were all around age 9-12.

When Marty decided to fund looking into the history of this for his brother Rick,
it was like this had come full circle, but, it took a life time for it to resurface.
Rick liked digging for rocks, one big one in particular, as a kid in his yard also.
It was all like so much karma.
This is "Rick."

Rick-Lagina-640x468.jpg

Forget the shovel. Give the man his big spoon!

I have a favorite spoon.

My spoon preference is similar. The spoon I use is usually mid-sized and it's very plain in appearance.

I got inspired to check out more information about spoons. Ended up searching and found this place and figured I would share it in case anyone else was curious about all of the different spoon types out there.

61 Different Types of Spoons & Their Uses - Worst Room

I learned more about spoons from this one random website than I have in my entire life.

I have a particular mug that I’m attached to. Funnily enough it isn’t mine officially or originally. I don’t even like the character that is shown but I like the colors and I like the shape....

I got inspired to check out more information about spoons. Ended up searching and found this place and figured I would share it in case anyone else was curious about all of the different spoon types out there.

I learned more about spoons from this one random website than I have in my entire life.
According to your list, my preference is probably a dessert spoon.

My spoon preference is similar. The spoon I use is usually mid-sized and it's very plain in appearance.

My favorite spoon seems to be an iced tea or parfet spoon!

I do have very distinct preferences when it comes to crockery and eating utensils. I like/prefer them mainly for practical reaons, as I try to optimize everything I do. A slightly larger teaspoon with a long handle for tea and coffee. A large mug (hate small ones). A medium sized plate with a certain pattern - so I eat a full plate without over-eating.

New Threads

Top Bottom