• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite snack foods?

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I personally am a huge fan of sugar snap peas on their own, and broccoli florets with some blue cheese dressing. Yellow cherry tomatoes on their own are also amazing - they taste like candy to me.

What are your favorite snack foods?

Apples and cheddar, crunchy fresh celery, grapes, cucumbers from my garden. Also like cheesies, walnuts, peanuts and kimchi and pickles.

Small oranges or tangerines, they're so portable to take on a walk in their own wrappers aka orange skins. I always have a couple in my backpack.

Grapes cut in half, diced apples, grated carrot, pea shoots, chives, spring onions, dill pickles, pickled cucumber, strawberries. I'm a grazer.

I mix soy sauce and orange juice as a dressing, also like tsaksiki.

Wow, yours are pretty healthy sounding, and typically I also like fruit and veggie snacks best. It is nice to have something that tastes good and that you feel is good for you. But if I am in a totally happitime/comfort mood its going to be in the jelly candy family. I know I've mentioned Mike & Ikes and Swedish Fish on other threads so here I will present another favorite and first choice at the movie theatre. Also great for removing crowns and fillings.

DOTS_Gumdrops__67096.1580496501.jpg

I used to also really like the sour candies like:

RazzlesSour_600x600.jpg

But over time the after effects felt more and more like being exposed to a chemical warfare agent, so I had to stop. :(

Grapes and baby carrots are good. As for "junk" food, I like gummies and fruit snacks.

Sometimes a small bag of potato chips or Doritos. Sometimes M&Ms. Most other times I like raw nuts, especially almonds. I like little combo packs of nuts, dried fruit and cheese.

Last edited:
Grapes and baby carrots are good. As for "junk" food, I like gummies and fruit snacks.

As far as junk food goes, I like buffalo wings. With beer. Gotta have both, if I am going to be unhealthy, I may as well go all the way with it. I do not believe in half measures.

As far as junk food goes, I like buffalo wings. With beer. Gotta have both, if I am going to be unhealthy, I may as well go all the way with it. I do not believe in half measures.

I forgot about chicken wings. I like them with Monster ultra red though, which is also plenty unhealthy.

Blu Cheese on anything. Tonkatsu sauce on anything. Crunchy snacks. Tsaksikiki sauce on anything. Chutney on anything. Soy sauce on anything. Recently l tried mustard on spaghetti with someone. It was good. Condiments- who knew?

Blu Cheese on anything. Tonkatsu sauce on anything. Crunchy snacks. Tsaksikiki sauce on anything. Chutney on anything. Soy sauce on anything. Recently l tried mustard on spaghetti with someone. It was good. Condiments- who knew?

My personal favorite condiment is Sriracha, but that really does not go well with a lot of foods out there.

In LA restaurants, they give you sriracha packets in most places. My personal fav is sriracha in peanut sauce that you dip spring rolls in. Also Asian soups benefit with a bit of this. Many Korean pickled vegetables have a hint of this. Craving chicken Katsu with tonkatsu sauce.

But if I am in a totally happitime/comfort mood its going to be in the jelly candy family.

You would have liked my Gram's homemade jelly candy slices. She made them once a year at christmas from different kinds of fruit; strawberry, lemon, orange and sometimes peppermint. She would coat the outside in this crust of sugar. Best I ever had, I used to dream about them.

Chutney on anything.

Made tomato and raisin and apple chutney the other day. It was not too bad. The best batch I made was years ago, when a friend gave me a box of tiny italian pears, picked from her backyard trees that day. It was so good and the three jars were gone in a very short time, they had no time to mellow. So I share your love of chutney.

Last edited:
sour tastes Haribo 'Tangfantastics' lemon curd, fresh lemons, limes, crackle candy love the tingle on my taste buds.

Anything chocolate, with a preference towards dark chocolate. Also flavored nuts like blue diamond habanero bbq. bbq potato chips and sometimes other flavors are dangerous because if I buy them I will eat all of them. Also peanut butter out of the jar or mixed with chocolate pudding, spread on bananas when I was doing better and healthier

When I was doing better and controlling bad habits more I ate a lot carrot sticks and especially grapes

Trail mixes with a lot of nuts, fruits and seeds.
Also snack chips made from roots and vegetables instead of potato chips.
Taro, yucca, sweet potato, parsnips and batata.

Snacking on vegetable hot dogs. Would like some chutney for that. Right now l discovered lentil and chickpea spaghetti. Another fav snack.

New Threads

Top Bottom