• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite people

SL JediKnight

I'm sure some of you've heard this bipolar term before favorite people you got people you like and you got people you dislike like with kids I like really smart kids that I can have intelligent conversations with I don't like kids who are rude and bratty have no home training that's just me yes I have some favorite people and I have people that I really dislike must be an autistic thing

I don't think that's an autistic thing. It's the reason there are cliques and stuff. I don't think I know anyone who likes bratty, obnoxious kids that are rude and loud and whiney and demanding. (I'm talking kids who are old enough to know how to behave). I get along best with people with a sense of humor. If they don't have a sense of humor I don't know how to relate to them. (That might be an autistic thing). But there are types of people that no one likes - backstabbers, gossips, rude, narcissistic, etc..

I don't think anyone likes noisy bratty kids, but it is worse for most Aspies with their common aversion to noise, distractions, interruptions, etc.

I like to encourage quiet, thoughtful ones on the other hand, and if I can find out their special interest or hobby will with their parents/guardians agreement often give them things related to that area. The most recent was a collection of Brio wooden trains and tracks to a young one and a collection of large new history books to an older one.

Last edited:
Favourite people... well, they are those I like to follow. Is this a viable answer? They tend to be quite different from each other, so it's hard to find a specific pattern. Just people I really like to walk behind. I can count them on fingers of one hand.

I don't really like people in general... but I don't think anyone likes bratty kids.

People who are dead or have just died !because a certain percentage ,aren't making living beings (apart from humans )suffer anymore .

‘Favourite person/people’ is another way of saying someone has a fixation with someone who they look up to.

Bratty kids are often being bratty due to a failure of parenting, in my experience, when you actually talk to these children and get to the root of why they're upset and they explain whatever might be upsetting them, as well as talk to them with respect instead of an authoritative nature it usually will resolve itself, and they'll improve. It's when parents reinforce this behavior that you get those really bratty kids.

I get along better with kids than I do adults, because they're actually speaking their minds and I don't have to attempt to read into everything someone says which stresses me out and makes me tired.

I like people that don't have any superficial conversations, because these are what I've really grown to dislike due to my inability to participate in them. If I don't feel like the conversation has a purpose, a structure or a goal, I don't want to be apart of it.

New Threads

Top Bottom