• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite metal/Alloy

My favorite metal is copper, I like the fact that I starts out shiny and then develops a patina over time. When you want it shiny again, just polish it up! Most of my EDC items are copper.

Titanium. Seems to win hands down here.
Wonder why? I like it for it's strength, versatility and it makes nice jewelry. :)

Gold. Not for the shine or value, but rather because it is so close to being inert.

Titanium. Seems to win hands down here.
Wonder why? I like it for it's strength, versatility and it makes nice jewelry. :)
As a machinist/mech. engineer,I also respect it's properties and hold it in the highest of standards.
As a participant in motorsports and aviation,to me it is invaluable for it's strength to weight ratio and quite abundant in nature,so the pricing is not completely off the chart.

Here's A Wiki Qwiki on it to save me soapboxing about Ti :p

Titanium - Wikipedia

My favourite metal has always been steel, ever since I can remember. Cold, hard, strong, heavy, SHINY polished steel!

Pinballs and nuts and bolts have always been my favourites! STRONG!

And then, there's silver, the number one conductive metal. As an electrician I like that. Too bad it's too expensive for most wiring applications, which is why copper and aluminum are so popular. Aluminum comes in 4th place, following gold at number 3, also a bit pricey for most wiring applications. For all you Titanium fans, it comes in at 15, woefully not even in the top 10.

Aluminum, light weight, brittle, and I love the way it sounds. DING..

Aluminum is actually quite malleable, not brittle.

I would have to say titanium as well, but its been said so many times its become dull.

Aluminum. Light, relatively strong, can be polished to a brilliant shine and remain that way with maintenance, but I love how it NEVER RUSTS!!! Sure it corrodes to a dull grey a little which then coats itself so that doesn't spread any further. That is huge to someone who grew up in the North American rust belt.

I'm going to give an honorable mention to stainless steel. Quality stainless, not like the garbage cooking utensils you can find at dollerama which rust if left in the sink over night. Stainless. Its pretty, never rusts, strong and has a massive hardness factor. For the negatives it is heavy (like regular steel) and fairly expensive.

That's odd. Titanium! When we were looking for rings, I hated the thought of other metals...but black titanium seemed acceptable.

After researching, it was nice to know it's really tough and it's not as cold. Also, less reactive to oil (hence less allergies) and of course, it looks kind of epic.

Never knew anyone else who liked it too outside my husband and I. <3 How awesome.

Titanium for a pure metal. We use it at work to make dental implants, it can be anodized to a wide range of colors, and is very strong.

If we're allowing oxides, Zirconium oxide, because it's the main ingredient of Zirconia dental restorations, which are both incredibly strong, and reasonably aesthetic. It's also not cytotoxic like lithium disilicate (even though lithium disiliacte crowns are inert and not dangerous).

New Threads

Top Bottom