• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Father of son with autism( South Louisiana)

Dano3578

Hello all,
Father of 8 year old son with severe autism. Family is really struggling and I am pulling out all the stops. Much support and information greatly appreciated.

God bless
Daniel B.

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

upload_2019-6-19_17-5-21.png

Hi @Dano3578 and welcome.

There are a few parents of kids with high support needs in this community (some of whom are autistic themselves) but there are far more autistic adults contributing. Are you open to insight from autistic adults who will have been through many of the same experiences as your son and come out the other side?

Welcome to the forums! I also have a son who is severely autistic. If you have any questions feel free to reply or shoot me a message.

Thank y’all so very much for the warm welcome. I am as open minded as can be. We are sick and tired of seeing him struggle.

@Dano3578, feel free to post in the Help and Support forum. As noted, most of us here are autistic too, mostly adults, and we are happy to give you advice. Sadly, impoverished areas of the USA like Louisiana suffer from an almost total lack of "professionals" who actually know what they're doing. I hate to say this, but many times families have to move to a different city to find the help they deserve. In Louisiana family roots go back many generations, and moving elsewhere is unthinkable, but it's an option you may have to consider. We here have valuable insights, but at the end we are not medical professionals. America's profit driven healthcare system means that the most talented doctors cluster in the biggest cities where they can earn the most.

@Dano3578, feel free to post in the Help and Support forum. As noted, most of us here are autistic too, mostly adults, and we are happy to give you advice. Sadly, impoverished areas of the USA like Louisiana suffer from an almost total lack of "professionals" who actually know what they're doing. I hate to say this, but many times families have to move to a different city to find the help they deserve. In Louisiana family roots go back many generations, and moving elsewhere is unthinkable, but it's an option you may have to consider. We here have valuable insights, but at the end we are not medical professionals. America's profit driven healthcare system means that the most talented doctors cluster in the biggest cities where they can earn the most.

Thank you Oregano
You hit the nail on the head. We’ve traveled to the bigger cities in Louisiana seeking help with no avail. We’ve even considered moving. After just buying a house I don’t see that happening in the near future.

New Threads

Top Bottom