• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fashion companies adding more core year-round styles?

Pink Jazz

It looks like my favorite brand (IZOD) has recently added more core year-round color options to its Advantage Polo. The new colors as part of its Basic collection are Fairy Tale (pale pink), Blue Radiance (turquoise), Lemon (lemon yellow), Dahlia Purple (bright purple), Bright Cobalt (cobalt blue), Fig (wine red), Canteloupe (orange), and Wild Fern (dark olive green). This is in addition to the previous core colors, Real Red (red), Black (black), White (white), Blue Revival (azure), and Peacoat (navy).

I wonder if modern trends are demanding that more colors should be offered year-round instead of limiting certain colors to certain seasons. I know some higher-end brands are reducing the number of seasons due to COVID-19, but the Advantage Polo is IZOD's #1 selling product and has historically been offered in Basic (the core year-round colors), Spring/Summer, and Fall/Winter colors. It is at least good to have more year-round choices. Most of these new colors seem like they would be Spring/Summer colors except Fig and maybe Wild Fern.

So, have you noticed similar trends with other brands?

Not other brands so much as a general change in how designers and makers sell their products. It used to be that colour reflected a season in fashion, and it was almost impossible to find clothing in colours that were not considered seasonal.

Periodically, they would champion a colour for each season that was promoted as new, for example the cobalt blue, so that you had little choice than to buy other things that went with it or matched it. Because you had nothing from the year before that matched that particular blue. It seems to run counter to the previous year each two to three years. So that you would purchase more.

Yet I have noticed brighter colours in the last few years in fall and winter along with the usual dark reds and oranges and black, brown and grey. Not that I buy fashionable clothing all that much anymore.

Last edited:
Not other brands so much as a general change in how designers and stylists sell their products. It used to be that colour reflected a season in fashion, and it was almost impossible to find clothing in colours that were not seasonal.

Periodically, they would champion a colour for each season that was promoted as new, for example the cobalt blue, so that you had little choice than to buy other things that went with it or matched it. Because you had nothing from the year before that matched that particular blue. It seems to run counter to the previous year each two to three years. So that you would purchase more.

Yet I have noticed brighter colours in the last few years in fall and winter along with the usual dark reds and oranges and black, brown and grey.

Of course, most of these colors that IZOD added to the Basic collection for the Advantage Polo are from past collections; the only new one is Wild Fern. Fairy Tale was a trendy color in IZOD's Spring 2017 and 2018 collections, Blue Radiance has been offered as a perennial Spring color until up to 2019, Lemon was offered in Spring 2019, Dahlia Purple has been offered on some products on some Spring collections, Bright Cobalt has been offered in both a few Spring and Fall collections I think since 2018, Fig was a perennial Fall color up to Fall 2018, and Canteloupe was offered on a few products in Spring 2020 (though not on the Advantage Polo).

I wonder if IZOD chose these as customer favorites to add to their Basic collection.

I wonder if IZOD chose these as customer favorites to add to their Basic collection.

It would make sense that they would attempt to sell their most popular colours, their best selling ones, no matter the season.

Last edited:
Not other brands so much as a general change in how designers and stylists sell their products. It used to be that colour reflected a season in fashion, and it was almost impossible to find clothing in colours that were not considered seasonal.

Yet I have noticed brighter colours in the last few years in fall and winter along with the usual dark reds and oranges and black, brown and grey.

Have you heard of the straw hat riots of 1922?

The Straw Hat Riots of 1922

“What’s worse than the fashion police? A fashion mob.”

I have noticed a yellow gold colour for towels and kitchen cloths and mats. I expect bringing out a new fresh colour catches people's eyes, and also means they may buy spare sets of the products. As I have...:rolleyes:

Sometimes l gravitate to the new fashion color. Other times l ignore it. But l do like the gold mustard yellow that popped up. I always like cobalt blue. Love ballet pink, very flattering on either sex.

New Threads

Top Bottom