• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fanfiction and Writing

Roy McCool

Gamer Dude
I've been obsessed with fanfiction lately and I've been seriously considering taking the plunge and actually writing fanfiction of my own.

I've enjoyed reading fanfics since I was twelve years old but I've not really written much of anything, even though I have a few ideas and concepts.

To be honest, I've been always afraid of writing fanfiction because I'm worried about being a bad writer and I know fanfiction is seen as less legitimate than original fiction for the most part. But now I'm in my mid-twenties and I'm not getting any younger, so I figured I might as well start writing fics.

The weird thing is that I actually enjoy a lot of the fanfiction genres that a lot of people look down on, like crossovers and AU (Alternate Universe) stories.

The fandoms I'm interested in writing fics for are all over the place, ranging from commonly seen fandoms like Naruto and Sailor Moon, to fandoms that aren't as well-represented in fanfiction like Grand Theft Auto and Vampire: The Masquerade. I've even considered writing historical fanfiction, both traditional Alternate History stories and historical Real Person Fics (those are the only kinds of RPF that I feel comfortable reading or writing)

Does anyone else here have an interest in fanfiction, whether as a reader or as an author.

I would like it if we could this thread to share our own ideas for fanfiction or talk about the kinds of fanfiction we like to read or write.

I love fanfiction! It's how I got started writing, and I've since moved on to original fiction. I hadn't heard that people look down on AU fics; most of my favorite stories are AU. Recently, I've been reading a lot of Criminal Minds fanfiction. As for writing, I say go for it! It's so much fun to post stories and get feedback from people.

I love fanfiction! It's how I got started writing, and I've since moved on to original fiction. I hadn't heard that people look down on AU fics; most of my favorite stories are AU. Recently, I've been reading a lot of Criminal Minds fanfiction. As for writing, I say go for it! It's so much fun to post stories and get feedback from people.

I think I definitely will.

I'm probably going to start with a Naruto AU, but I also have been brainstorming concepts for a fanfic based on The Sopranos.

I love fanfiction too. I read Marvel, Temeraire, The Hobbit, Assassin's Creed, and Star Wars at the moment.

To be honest, I've been always afraid of writing fanfiction because I'm worried about being a bad writer and I know fanfiction is seen as less legitimate than original fiction for the most part.
The great thing about fanfiction is that it doesn't matter if you're rubbish, you can practice writing and put it out there for people to enjoy and give feedback on with no consequences other than a few nasty comments. The way to get better is to practice. At your age you are at least going to be better than all the 13 year old fanfic writers out there, simply by having a more mature brain and life experience.

I've read a bit of fanfiction in my time, sure. Mostly for Harry Potter (which I hate with a fiery passion) and My Little Pony (which I really like), for some odd reason.

By all means go ahead and write some. If you're good, you're good, and if you're bad, you'll have plenty of company. ;)

Just get started with writing! If you’re scared of being bad, just write for yourself at first, then show it to some friendly people before exposing it to the harsh harsh critic that is the intarwebs.
I got started writing by writing a campaign for my Dungeons and Dragons group. Was terrified of showing it to people but getting feedback on what worked and what didn’t made me better. Everyone has to start somewhere.

I use to write fanfiction a while back..

what I suggest is not to be so hard on yourself and just go for it

you may even run into some constructive criticism

as others have said its a great way to practice writing

remember your doing this to have fun and see other fans work

not to be a professional.

do it mostly for yourself but be open to good suggestions

New Threads

Top Bottom