• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fabric Sensitivities and Finding Fine Silks

Autistic Yoda

Do. Or do not. There is no 'try'.
V.I.P Member
Silk house clothes. Silk pillowcases. Silk sheets. Silk comforters. Needs all four, Autistic Yoda does. Authentic mulberry silk is the finest in the world. My source for house clothes has just dried up, but this is a basic necessity! Silk men’s sleep pants are hard to find, expensive, wear out extremely quickly, and most sellers bait and switch inferior materials. Help? No one else is fit to judge silks like we can. I would post my source for silk pillowcases and sheets with a full enthusiastic endorsement, but only if the bosses here say that’s okay. TIA.

Silk house clothes. Silk pillowcases. Silk sheets. Silk comforters. Needs all four, Autistic Yoda does. Authentic mulberry silk is the finest in the world. My source for house clothes has just dried up, but this is a basic necessity! Silk men’s sleep pants are hard to find, expensive, wear out extremely quickly, and most sellers bait and switch inferior materials. Help? No one else is fit to judge silks like we can. I would post my source for silk pillowcases and sheets with a full enthusiastic endorsement, but only if the bosses here say that’s okay. TIA.
Try 100% cotton pyjamas or bamboo don't get artificial you'll overheat remember our neurological state effects our basic functions, anxiety effects your metabolism ,thus heat ,cold regulation,if ????there's an environmentalist page ask me how they horrifically get silk from the worms!!!!

Mixing a little bit of artificial fabric, with authentic fabric, actually does work. I think of linen. It is awful to wear on its own, due to how untidy it looks, but mixing a little bit of polyester in with it, helps to decrease it and because linen is the higher percentage, it still keeps one cool. Also, very soft and can feel like silk.

I appreciate the well intentioned responses. Perhaps those here with tactile defensiveness don't even know the world of luxury they're missing. The most pretentious wine snob would be willing to lower himself to drinking Barefoot or Three Buck Chuck... if he was stranded on a desert island with mosquito infested swamp puddles as his only possible alternative. So thanks for the backup plans. I haven't given up on buying proper silk men's sleep pants without getting scammed, from a reputable trustworthy source. I found these for decades and find them again, I shall.

I appreciate the well intentioned responses. Perhaps those here with tactile defensiveness don't even know the world of luxury they're missing. The most pretentious wine snob would be willing to lower himself to drinking Barefoot or Three Buck Chuck... if he was stranded on a desert island with mosquito infested swamp puddles as his only possible alternative. So thanks for the backup plans. I haven't given up on buying proper silk men's sleep pants without getting scammed, from a reputable trustworthy source. I found these for decades and find them again, I shall.
No ,I won't wear wool from any animal or flesh ,silk (the worms are boiled alive to get the silk),if you see videos of the animals being murdered or abused you can't forget it .

I must have my silk pillowcases, too. They stay cool on my face all night long. And I love silk pajamas but they are a pain to hand wash and hang to dry so I try to find 100% pima cotton sleepwear.

I wonder if you can find a bolt of raw silk material on the internet and hire a seamstress to make pajamas for you.

I don't need sleep pants, but there used to be an online source for silk thermal underwear and T-shirts. The company was called "Wintersilks". Unfortunately it went out of business a few years ago and no longer exists. It was great because you could by the clothing in either lightweight, medium or heavyweight.

I need more heavyweight silk long underwear for the winter and it doesn't appear any exists.

Silk is on par with wool in its insulative properties and synthetic thermal fibers are inferior to both.

So I understand your frustration in not finding a good silk supplier even though you and I are looking for different clothing items.

I understand how you can only accept silk. I personally don't like sleeping in and on it because I slide around too much. lol But buying faux silk would be like replacing good 100% cotton sheets with that awful microfiber sheets.

Is it because of how the wool is extracted from them, that you feel this way? Because I am pretty sure that the wool ought to be shaved off for the summer and so, wearing wool is fine? It is both warm and waterproof.
Watch videos of sheep being sheared !!!!!!! or Alpacas

Check thrift shops. That's pretty much the only place I buy anything, and basically the only place I can afford to buy anything. I've gotten quite a bit of nice silk from thrift shops. I really don't know where to look to find it new, though.
Linen mixed with anything else just doesn't breathe right, whether it's cotton or hemp or even silk.
A thing to consider with synthetics (and why I don't use them for anything if I can possibly help it) is that they're plastic. They aren't biodegradable. They're likely produced from petroleum. They're often mass produced and then thrown away long before they're completely worn out. They should be avoided, and they definitely shouldn't be mixed with silk or linen.
In my opinion.

Magna- Wintersilks going bust is the entire reason this thread exists. A fellow connoisseur! If you are also 'Magna' on Elite Trader, you'd be shocked who I am.

Moonhart44- Lily Silks does have full men's pajama sets for $200. I've asked them if they can just sell me the pants. Thanks.

Mary Terry- I know a great seamstress. Recreating a wheel that already exists is another useful option to me. Might have to happen. You don't need to hand wash silk. Woolite delicate detergent, cold/cold, most delicate option machine cycle, and it totally works out.

Streetwise- Using vegan terms, I'm a 'meathead' who sincerely recognizes ethical vegans as ethically superior. If you've heard of Gary Yourofsky I have a decent story. If you know who Omri Paz is (Vegan Friendly, Israel), I have a much better one.

Last edited:
Watch videos of sheep being sheared !!!!!!! or Alpacas

I couldn't, because like you say, it would horrify me, but the thing is, life is like that; too many horrors and if one is not careful, they will end up without food, drink or clothing!

What's wrong with sheep being sheared? I'm a country girl, and I've seen it many times. It doesn't hurt them. They are so thankful afterwards, and they skip around happily with how cool they feel.

What's wrong with sheep being sheared? I'm a country girl, and I've seen it many times. It doesn't hurt them. They are so thankful afterwards, and they skip around happily with how cool they feel.

Animal rights activists share videos of sheep being manhandled and sheared with cruelty while terrified. The sheep then walk away bleeding from multiple wounds. Hopefully this is the exception, not the rule.

Animal rights activists share videos of sheep being manhandled and sheared with cruelty while terrified. The sheep then walk away bleeding from multiple wounds. Hopefully this is the exception, not the rule.
Well those are the buttheads that shouldn't own animals. Treat your animals well, and they will trust and love you. I suspect those abusive "farmers" have high vet bills, and their neighbors dislike them.

I couldn't, because like you say, it would horrify me, but the thing is, life is like that; too many horrors and if one is not careful, they will end up without food, drink or clothing!
Cotton,bamboo,acrylic,polyester,nylon ,vegan leather made from cactus
Vegan cheese ,burgers ,sausages ,wonderful Cantonese veg stir fries,Cantonese veg curry with boiled rice,vegan sausage rolls,vegan pizza ,chocolate,celebration cakes,vegan Bakewell tart,vegan doughnuts,vegan coleslaw,potato crisps every flavour,vegan yogurt,cream ,chocolate or strawberry mousse,vegan Yorkshire puddings,soya milk with apple extract tastes very close to cows milk,beers,wines,soft drinks,juices,etc.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom