• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Eye colour

What colour are your eyes?

• 1. Light eyes

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • 2. Light eyes + brown

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • 3. Medium eyes

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • 4. Medium eyes + brown

• 5. Light brown eyes

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 6 Dark brown eyes

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Heterochromia - partial/sectoral

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heterochromia - complete

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (post below)

• Total voters

unsurewhattoname

First I'm going to have to apologise because this only allows 10 poll answers hence I'm going to have to shorten it to fit.

I decided to make my own eye categorising system for absolutely no reason whatsoever and I am interested in the distribution.

Explanation of the poll choices:

1. Light eyes. Anywhere from blue to grey, with perhaps a slight hint of green given they're still light.
Examples:
Blueye.JPG

BrightBlueEyes.JPG

Gray_eyes.jpg

Blue-green_eye_closeup.JPG
2. Light eyes + brown - with the main colour the same as above, but with an inner ring/sector/spots etc anywhere from yellow to brown.
Examples:
Eye55.jpg

Eye_Central_Heterochromia_crop_and_lighter.jpg

Hazel_Eyes%2C_Caucasian_Male%2C_Age_23.jpg
3. Medium eyes - darker blue/green combinations or pure green eyes.
Examples:
Greeneyes.jpg

Greeneye.jpg
4. Medium eyes + brown - main colour as above, but with inner ring/sector/spots etc anywhere from yellow to brown.
Examples:
Hazel_eye1.png
5. Light brown eyes
Examples:
EyesAmber1.JPG

Light_brown_eye.jpg

Hazel_green_eyes_close_up.jpg
6. Dark brown eyes
Examples:
Lens5.jpg

Indianeye.png

MyStrangeIris.JPG
Eyes not the same colour? Not enough poll options to put down all possible combinations, so I will just have to leave it at partial/sectoral and complete.

Partial/sectoral heterochromia:
iu
Complete heterochromia:
Heterochromia_plos.png
(neither of these are limited to simply blue + brown)

Edit: eyes are scaring people, put them in spoilers.

Last edited:
The close-up photos creep me out, turn my stomach a bit. Might be why I have a hard time with eye contact.
Strangely I can't look people in the eyes but I can look at pictures of eyes. I purposely chose ones without the whole face as I'm more likely to have a hard time if they're part of the face. If it's the eye by itself it's fine. Can't figure out why. It's not all the time with pictures of faces either. But real people, I just can't, I don't know why. Which is why I'm wondering why I have become fixated on eye colours.

This is actually kinda awesome. Personally, I'm a little bit between 1 and 2--probably closer to 1.2 than 1.5
So what do you mean by this - you have brown in your eyes, but only a bit?

I have a small ring of brownish tint just around my pupil. Smaller than the second example under heading 2.
Oh, that'd be 2. Any amount of brown is, sorry if it wasn't clear. My dad's got blue with a small yellow ring. I'm wondering how common this ring is and how many just have pure blue (or pure green). Also how each compare to each other, like which is the rarest (excluding heterochromia).

My eyes are a combination of my dad's and my mum's. My mum is in group 1 - her eyes are a sort of turquoise like grey - in other words, a greenish bluey grey, green is only very slight though. Closest to the second. My dad's are blue with yellow. Mine are my mum's as the main colour, but I have light brown in the centre like my dad has yellow. I had blue eyes as a kid, just this brown got in here as I got older for some reason. And one eye has barely any while the other has quite a bit. And it's not a ring. It's weird.

Yikes! I can't even look at these (much too close-up!) photos of eyes.
Eye contact for me is quite difficult, and these photos make me very uncomfortable. :eek: Scrollin'!

My eye color is between light and medium, and can be called "green."
My eyes were light blue when I was a child.

Oh, that'd be 2. Any amount of brown is, sorry if it wasn't clear. My dad's got blue with a small yellow ring. I'm wondering how common this ring is and how many just have pure blue (or pure green). Also how each compare to each other, like which is the rarest (excluding heterochromia).

My eyes are a combination of my dad's and my mum's. My mum is in group 1 - her eyes are a sort of turquoise like grey - in other words, a greenish bluey grey, green is only very slight though. Closest to the second. My dad's are blue with yellow. Mine are my mum's as the main colour, but I have light brown in the centre like my dad has yellow. I had blue eyes as a kid, just this brown got in here as I got older for some reason. And one eye has barely any while the other has quite a bit. And it's not a ring. It's weird.

Good thing I clicked on 2, then. Most people in my family have 1, light eyes, but my older sister has light with a single discrete wedge of brown. My mother's eyes are mostly brown, shading to light brown and green at the very edges with little flecks of yellow and blue and grey.

Yeah, sorry about all the eye pictures. I just couldn't figure out how to explain without pictures. I'll try to do something about this.

Yeah, sorry about all the eye pictures. I just couldn't figure out how to explain without pictures. I'll try to do something about this.
Maybe it would help to just make them smaller, although being able to zoom in would also be nice.

Dunno how to go about that exactly.

It's a good thing you had those photos.

I voted 'other' because mine are nothing like any in the photos. They are what you call 'an indeterminate color'.

Mine are ice blue with cobalt outer iris rings - pretty common if you have ice blue to winter gray eyes to have very light irises with very dark outer rings.

mine are definitely light blue eyes number 1.
have you ever looked in too red albino eyes, i think I've also heard of rare mutations that lead to rare unique and interesting eye colours in very rare cases. ill try and look some up when i can and post them.

mine are definitely light blue eyes number 1.
have you ever looked in too red albino eyes, i think I've also heard of rare mutations that lead to rare unique and interesting eye colours in very rare cases. ill try and look some up when i can and post them.
I don't think I've ever met an albino but I've seen their eyes on the internet. Not heard of rare mutations other than where the eyes are different colours though. What eye colours are there?

I don't think I've ever met an albino but I've seen their eyes on the internet. Not heard of rare mutations other than where the eyes are different colours though. What eye colours are there?
looking it up you are right heterochromia seems like the only rare mutation for eye colour, the rare colours i eluded to (other than the red/pink albino eye colour) seem to be either contact lens or Photoshop, sorry for getting your hopes up. you might find this interesting.
46a876ad41ae13a2c210ee209d372ed0.jpg

i also have a really disgusting video of eye colour changing surgery so if you are interested and not squeamish pm me (as i don't want to put it on a thread as i could see how many would find it disgusting).

New Threads

Top Bottom