• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

excessive computer use

Not sure if it's an autistic thing, but I am connected A LOT. Some days, it can be up to 15 hours. I do work in IT, so some of that is inevitable.

When is it excessive?

Besides, in current times, there are so many things you'd use your computer for, I'd have to bend myself into all kinds of shapes to avoid using a computer.

LOVE computers. I build them, play around on them, work with them, other than music and working out, it's my other big interest.

I'm on the computer a lot. I get on almost first thing in the morning and it's the last thing I do at night. I'm usually on for most of the afternoon, then after dinner and my shower I get on again. Right now, because my current home life is so messed up and I'm too stressed and close to people and noise than I'd like, I'm on my laptop even more, instead of reading or coloring or something like that (despite that I have tons of books) as I often do later in the afternoon. But I plan to resume those things again as soon as I move into my new room.

I'm constantly looking for more and more information online. Before I'd get out all the books in the library, but on computers it's even faster. If it wasn't for computers I'd just have excessive taking out of books instead. But as it is, yes, I'm on the computer most of my free time which you could call excessive. It isn't the computer I'm addicted to, it's what they're capable of - that is, internet access (the internet is full of information on anything and everything) and ways to take notes and draw diagrams and keep them there in neat folders.

I am logged on several ways 24/7 as a part of my thirst for knowledge and as a support method I devised to compensate for my brain damage residual issues.

I'm on the computer a lot. I get on almost first thing in the morning and it's the last thing I do at night. I'm usually on for most of the afternoon, then after dinner and my shower I get on again. Right now, because my current home life is so messed up and I'm too stressed and close to people and noise than I'd like, I'm on my laptop even more, instead of reading or coloring or something like that (despite that I have tons of books) as I often do later in the afternoon. But I plan to resume those things again as soon as I move into my new room.
You sound like me besides I use pc every free minute of the day

I'm constantly looking for more and more information online. Before I'd get out all the books in the library, but on computers it's even faster. If it wasn't for computers I'd just have excessive taking out of books instead. But as it is, yes, I'm on the computer most of my free time which you could call excessive. It isn't the computer I'm addicted to, it's what they're capable of - that is, internet access (the internet is full of information on anything and everything) and ways to take notes and draw diagrams and keep them there in neat folders.
I like Wikipedia lol

New Threads

Top Bottom