• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Everyone's Always Whispering Whispering

Questella

Peace, Love and all that good stuff
So this is really annoying, I tried to talk to my son's father about it and was told it's all my fault for making everyone so uncomfortable all the time but wth...

Whenever I'm in a room with other people they all, all of them, litterly everyone bUT me, always end up in one side of the room Whispering amongst themselves leaving me standing uncomfortably on the other side of the room not knowing what to do... I pretty much just hot tail it out of there because damn wtf, and it's been constant and everyone I'm stuck being around... I'll even be talking to someone then all of a sudden in the middle of my sentence of whatever I was trying to say, not that it was anything important but it's still stings., anyways I'll be in the middle of talking to someone and then all of a sudden they'll all flock into a group and start whispering and I'll just be standing there all alone like, "um????" after a few minutes of standing there alone awkwardly I'll just wander off because idk what to do and it's too weird to try to continue saying what I was saying...

Wth is this why does everybody keep doing it and what should I do about? How am I supposed to feel about this?

I'm so sick of being told everything is my fault and it's all me and if I was just not me I wouldn't have any problems... ugh #frustrated & #sad

I get you so much! Although not being in a corner whispering, definitely in groups and I feel so alone and wonder what is wrong with me. I end up grabbing hubby's key and going to sit in the car and wait for him, but the tears will force their way through my eyes, because I do NOT want to sit in the car, feeling unwanted.

My husband pretty much says that to me; that it is my fault, that I should look to myself.

I smile and try my hardest to be friendly, but doesn't seem to work at all.

I am kind of thinking it is because I have this aura of desperation about me and that makes people not wish to talk with it. Also, I tend to get stuck with what to say; if the person jumped straight into a deep conversation, I would be ok, but most NT's have no wish for that.

It makes me want to never see another human again, but sadly, I am one too lol

I get you so much! Although not being in a corner whispering, definitely in groups and I feel so alone and wonder what is wrong with me. I end up grabbing hubby's key and going to sit in the car and wait for him, but the tears will force their way through my eyes, because I do NOT want to sit in the car, feeling unwanted.

My husband pretty much says that to me; that it is my fault, that I should look to myself.

I smile and try my hardest to be friendly, but doesn't seem to work at all.

I am kind of thinking it is because I have this aura of desperation about me and that makes people not wish to talk with it. Also, I tend to get stuck with what to say; if the person jumped straight into a deep conversation, I would be ok, but most NT's have no wish for that.

It makes me want to never see another human again, but sadly, I am one too lol
Yes, this sounds very familiar to me too! It's one reason why I really don't like going to parties (unless there's only a few people, preferably ones that I know). I don't know if it's an aura of desperation, or if it's just that people can tell I'm different... It's like they don't know what to make of me, they're not sure how to act around me. Maybe this is partly because my responses to what they say are often not the responses they expect...?

Occasionally, though, I do meet someone who wants to actually talk about something meaningful (ie. have a deep conversation) - then it's great - but those encounters are few and far between... Why do NTs love smalltalk so much?? What need does it satisfy? Is it a kind of social game that they have to play? I'll never understand that!

Yes, this sounds very familiar to me too! It's one reason why I really don't like going to parties (unless there's only a few people, preferably ones that I know). I don't know if it's an aura of desperation, or if it's just that people can tell I'm different... It's like they don't know what to make of me, they're not sure how to act around me. Maybe this is partly because my responses to what they say are often not the responses they expect...?

Occasionally, though, I do meet someone who wants to actually talk about something meaningful (ie. have a deep conversation) - then it's great - but those encounters are few and far between... Why do NTs love smalltalk so much?? What need does it satisfy? Is it a kind of social game that they have to play? I'll never understand that!

There are a couple of females I know and neither of them seem to want to rush off. One actually comes over to me and hugs me and we chat and the other one, suspect she is an aspie or at least, part of an aspie. We have deep conversations as our "small talk" and our sense of humor is very similar.

I think the reason is because they do not even think about it ie NT's and small talk. They just speak it, because they have that unconscious understanding of that is what is done.

I suspect I must be a curiousity and thus, one to avoid.

New Threads

Top Bottom