• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ever sing to yourself?

wadorama

V.I.P Member
My mother said I did so often and very early. I remember the moments before an exam at naval nuclear power school quietly singing Kiss's "Beth" to myself, and the piano player and future friend sitting in front of me turning around and telling me what key the song was written in. Ever try it, and does it calm you?

I sing to myself all the time. I sang before I spoke. (I also sing to my cat -- she has favorites.)

I sing songs to calm myself down and cheer myself up quite regularly, it's very effective for me. My mom sang to me to comfort me and communicate with me and express love and caring my entire life, and I process my emotions best through music so it's a very natural thing for me to do.

I mostly hum rather than sing but I do it a lot and it is calming. I hum/sing when I'm happy as well. Makes me want to make some noise I guess. I've also always loved music and it's comforting when nothing else can be at times.

My son, who has autism also does this. He's eight and he has hummed and or sang since he was very young as well. He doesn't enjoy me doing it but can tolerate it sometimes. :D

I mostly hum rather than sing but I do it a lot and it is calming. I hum/sing when I'm happy as well. Makes me want to make some noise I guess. I've also always loved music and it's comforting when nothing else can be at times.

My son, who has autism also does this. He's eight and he has hummed and or sang since he was very young as well. He doesn't enjoy me doing it but can tolerate it sometimes. :D

Theorizing that it gives a person some internal balance that otherwise might fly out of control. And if not, what's the harm besides ornery neighbors? So SING PEOPLE! =o)

Theorizing that it gives a person some internal balance that otherwise might fly out of control. And if not, what's the harm besides ornery neighbors? So SING PEOPLE! =o)

I never worried about my neighbors, but my kids used to tell me all the time to stop singing. They couldn't stand it.

I sing to myself often when others aren't around.
Hum usually when they are if I feel like it.
Music keeps my mind from wandering or at least helps.
I have soundscapes music on all day in the house.
Music when I drive.
Music when I go to sleep.
It is one of the few comforts I find in my life as it is currently.

I do. For multiple reasons; I just enjoy it, it can be comforting, against boredom, and sometimes when I feel a lot of emotions.

New Threads

Top Bottom