• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ever have that ONE FRANCHISE you could NEVER get into!?

NoKipAr on the run

I'm not much of a Gamer anyway, and I personally love Speedrunning Crash Bandicoot but uh,

I never Got into Megaman. Never could.

Ever.

I mean, I loved the Anime cartoon NT Warrior, but.... other than that...I have like one game and I think it was the great Stinkoman who puts it best: "IT'S A CHALLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGE!" and is Roll his sister or girlfriend?!

I never did get into Megaman and never could try as I might. still....Megaman 64 had a kick ass opening.

Any idea as to how YOU got into a cartoon, anime or other show movie game comic or whatever you might not have ever gotten into?

For me it's Megaman.

what about you?

Oh so many... The biggest one is probably Star Wars. Hated the movies as a kid and hate the whole thing now. Never liked any Sci-Fi set in space as a result, though can tolerate some of the Star Treks if they're playing on TV.

I know this is not a 'franchise', but could also never get into anime shows as a whole - hate most of them. The art is just too abrasive to look at. My partner showed me a few good ones (Full Metal Alchemist namely), but generally I'd never watch them.

Megaman was always sorta iffy at best. Cool concept, good level/boss design, but the overall idea really just didnt work. Whole appeal was defeating bosses and snatching their cool weapons, but... watch basically anyone play any of the Megaman games (aside from maybe 9) and everyone just uses the basic Buster gun pretty much all the time even when they have other weapons, because the other weapons tended to not be very well designed. Unless they're playing 2, at which point they'll defeat Metal Man and proceed to use the Metal Blades for the rest of the game. Usually the boss weapons are only used VS other bosses, which has a tendency to make them trivial fights, thus wasting the otherwise good boss designs...

I like the first 3 games well enough but just sorta lost interest after that.

As for stuff I personally never could really get into...

Well, name a first person shooter that isnt freaking old, and chances are, I think it's bloody boring. I mean, really. Everything has to be "iron sights", hiding behind cover, and auto-regen in every bloody game. Whatever happened to running around like a maniac with a chaingun while dodging a bazillion fireballs? Oh, that's Too Hard, probably is why, feh. Doom-era games (as in, DOS Doom, not the recent one) I'm good with, but later stuff is just bleh.

So yeah, games like Halo or Call of Shooty Guy or whatever. They're just so freaking boring to me.

Also, pretty much any of Capcom's own fighting games. I've played so many fighting games (that arent made by Capcom). And I got good at them. REALLY good. And had such fun indeed. But give me one of Capcom's fighters... and I will tire of it really fast. It's hard to even describe why, without rambling for 3 pages in such a way that only a long-time gamer would even understand what I'm saying.

Dont get me wrong, I've tried them. I really have. Street Fighter, Marvel VS Capcom, whatever, I've given them all multiple chances, and... bleh. I just lose interest so fast.

And then the big one for me, FREAKING NETHACK. Yeah, I expect hardly anyone here to even know what that is. But as a longtime fan of Roguelikes, well, that's sort of THE game that any fan of the genre is expected to like. But I hate it. I *HATE* it. It honestly wins my award for "worst game I've ever seen". I've been gaming since the Atari 2600 days and I have nothing but free time, all the time, so a game hitting that level is one heck of a feat.

I've given it many chances. I've tried my best to figure out why in the numerous hells anyone likes it. Every single time I decide to put myself through that, I come away just feeling like my loathing of it is validated.

And I just. Dont. Get it.

And finally, most AAA games. Just... bleh. That's a whole other rant though, really.

So yeah, that's some of my "I couldnt ever get into these" entries. There are certainly others.

Pokemon games. Preferred tv shows. Or movies.
The Witcher games. Never got a firm understanding of the mechanics.

Mortal Kombat.

The Godfather. I really don't know why with this one.

Prince of Persia. Liked the movie. Never played game.

Dead Space. Too scary. I couldn't even handle seeing the pictures in a magazine.

Naruto Shippuden. I've seen a few. But, never enough to understand the various plot lines. Loved Naruto and Sasuke fight. Very impressive.

Black Clover.

The Last of Us. Game.

Lara Croft games after original PlayStation.

Duke Nukem.

Racing Games. Aside from Split Second and Burnout.

Any sports games.

Any pay to win game.

Star Wars.
I've seen the movies, I even like them, but I don't see in any of the movies much more than a very superficial enjoyment.

Superhero movies in general, Marvel/DC stuff in particular.

Pretty much all the comic book superhero stuff ever made or ever to be made.

2ced2e2365e1a1ee0e75041138f3b9ad.gif

;)

I never understood why people love the Office so much. I'm happy that the show has made so many other people happy, but I get nothing from it. Well, I teared up a bit during Catherine Tate's scenes, because in my head canon, that was Donna after the mind wipe.

New Threads

Top Bottom