• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Freya’s art thread

@mysterionz

Impressive use of solid colors with sophisticated color gradients. Very cool style. I see a lot of control in your images. :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks, I guess
Years ago I used to be a website designer/graphic artist. Though I still use programs like Photoshop to enhance the digital photos I occasionally take.

Before that I used to do vector graphic images in making fliers for people as a side job. Though I prefer to work with rasterized/bitmap images. Both can produce images like you make. Which makes me wonder what program you tend to use the most to make those great images.

I always used to think using a vector graphics program like Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator were much more difficult to work with. So I'm much more comfortable using bitmap programs like Photoshop, Gimp or Krita. At one time when I was a college student I used to dabble in watercolors and freehand drawings, but it didn't go past the 70s. Wish I would have saved some of those paintings I did....oh well.

Last edited:
I see a lot of control in your images. :cool:
A7B6E4F3-5E1F-46B0-8BA0-24E07DE1ADAB.jpeg

LOL. I should probably clarify what I mean. In all the computer images I've made, I never once used a stylus or similar device to draw much of anything freehand. I used the dreaded mouse. Where if I were to emulate your style of drawing, it would take a lot of dexterity given how difficult it usually is to draw complex shapes. Especially with only a mouse.

It's gotta be much easier with a stylus. Even then your images are still very clean and precise. ;)

LOL. I should probably clarify what I mean. In all the computer images I've made, I never once used a stylus or similar device to draw much of anything freehand. I used the dreaded mouse. Where if I were to emulate your style of drawing, it would take a lot of dexterity given how difficult it usually is to draw complex shapes. Especially with only a mouse.
hahahah I drew with a mouse too and I don’t even know how fourth grade me did it. I DO however use my finger sometimes for sketching and shading sometimes.

hahahah I drew with a mouse too and I don’t even know how fourth grade me did it. I DO however use my finger sometimes for sketching and shading sometimes.
I suspect I'd be totally stoked using a pad and stylus to actually draw like a human being!

Funny I used to dream about buying them many years ago, but they were quite pricey back then. So I stuck with a stupid mouse. Almost as primitive as using a hand scanner...which also took a lot dexterity to use properly for a decent scan.

I suspect I'd be totally stoked using a pad and stylus to actually draw like a human being!

Funny I used to dream about buying them many years ago, but they were quite pricey back then. So I stuck with a stupid mouse. Almost as primitive as using a hand scanner...which also took a lot dexterity to use properly for a decent scan.
I’m stuck with the iPad as I’m not selling my kidneys for a fancy art tablet.

View attachment 95122
my new pressure curve in procreate
Ok, there's your "control". Uniformity of pressure of the stylus against the pad. Giving you so many "clean" lines.

That I get....

So it's a bitmap program. Nice. But I see that Apple or a third-party has something to convert your drawings to vector graphics. I had a program from Adobe that did something similar, but never really used it.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom