• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

End of the road.

Rullklok

V.I.P Member
I officially became homeless today, so this will probably be my last post for an unforeseeable amount of time.

I grew up having a very toxic family and essentially zero support systems due to the control that I’ve been placed over most of my life, even into adulthood.

Those things being said, all these years later with no one to assist the internalizing or to hear me vent for one reason or another, I reached the point where I am now.

There’s a lot more to it than what I’ve listed here, but I fear posting too much and essentially winding up somehow with more problems.

My head is all over the place, I can barely think straight, and I’m seriously questioning whether or not I really have the willpower to continue going forward.

I haven’t had access to a phone in years, so crisis centers haven’t been an option, and my previous internet connection was extremely unreliable.

At any rate, I need to get going. Anything to keep the storm at bay.

I don't mean to be flippant, but it seems that would be more like the start of the road then end, practically speaking and perhaps figuritively.

Sorry. Please realize that we care and Libraries have free computers. You can use the bathroom too. Can you get welfare? Can you get a address to use for mail encase you get welfare? Do you have a tent or even a tarp, backpack. Can you sit somewhere and ask for donations? Do you play any instruments? :(

Sorry. Please realize that we care and Libraries have free computers. You can use the bathroom too. Can you get welfare? Can you get a address to use for mail encase you get welfare? Do you have a tent or even a tarp, backpack. Can you sit somewhere and ask for donations? Do you play any instruments? :(

Depending on the area, community centers and recreation centers may also have computer and/or internet access.

A social worker may be able to obtain a free or low-cost older model phone for you so that you can use it to stay connected.

In many places, you may be able to set up "general delivery" with a post office, (i.e. mail for you is sent to a specific post office for you to pick up) though there may be a time limit for how long you can receive mail that way.

In my places there are also emergency shelters where you can stay for a bit while getting your next steps sorted out. Many religious houses of worship also provide assistance with food and/or shelter, and may not necessarily require you to be a member of their religion or attend their services.

In my city, each library has a pamphlet available listing local resources - addresses and hours for shelters, drop-in centers, free and subsided food options.

You may wish to also consider that different places have different rules (and enforcement) on "roughing it" and so you may wish to get oriented with them to minimize the chances of waking up and finding your stuff missing etc.

Very sorry to hear this. I think you maybe could contact social services for help? Especially because of mobility issues you may have, meaning sorting things out would be really hard. I hope you are coping and can get help with this.

"Benefits.gov is a website offering national resources to those with low or no income. The out of work page is specifically for those seeking support after losing employment and links to additional, specialized information."

Welcome to Benefits.gov | Benefits.gov

"Provides a national directory of homeless shelters, Low Income and Affordable Housing, dental/medical clinics, rent assistance, relief organizations, soup kitchens, and food banks."

Homeless Shelters | Find Homeless Shelters | Homeless Shelter Search

"Provides short-term financial assistance to individuals and families in temporary crisis who are ineligible for conventional financial assistance."

Home - Modest Needs®

"Provides a list of top mental health directories for help finding a therapist. Offers an additional list of directories for Black, and Black LGBTQ+ people."

https://8d269cf6-5339-4378-a18e-fe6...d/bd5fdd_4255ed750bc1415aacf133216dcad268.pdf

"Explains how different mental health crisis response services work to help discover and choose which option is best for a person's current crisis."

Getting Treatment During a Crisis | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness

What area are you in? How old are you? I can help you look for services and housing. I'm pretty good at finding everything from housing, to food, to showers, to free entertainment resources, etc.

Step one, however, if you are in the USA is finding your local food stamp office, and applying for SNAP benefits and medicaid.

Step two is locating your county's housing authority and applying for Section 8, section 42, and SRO (single residence only) low income housing.

For those concerned, I’m well off now. I got myself into a good help system and am looking forward to other things in the pipeline soon.

I don’t normally like asking for help, but doing so really improved my life for the better.

For those concerned, I’m well off now. I got myself into a good help system and am looking forward to other things in the pipeline soon.

I don’t normally like asking for help, but doing so really improved my life for the better.

Hurray for you! I'm probably going homeless in a couple days as well & was hoping you were all right.
(Don't worry folks I will be just fine.)

Rullklok, please stick around on the forum & hang out in the community here--I'm sure a lot of folks would be able to help brainstorm.

New Threads

Top Bottom