• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Employment on the Spectrum blurb on 60 Minutes 10-4-20

Thank you. This help me feel better about some strange things that l can do for hours. Like looking at data quickly. l need to remember things at work and enter data quickly and catch other people's errors too which cut into the bottom line.

I sure hope that this signals a shift in thinking about people who are like us.

I work as a software engineer... lots of aspies in my field.
I am so extremely ADD as well that I find focus very difficult.
Socially... I generally do OK and people like me.

The problem for me happens when I like them back. Friendships at work are dangerous. I am so interactive and care so deeply about people that I tend to fall into relationships. When that happens, people feel close to me and really do not understand my limitations even when I tell them about being ASD. I seem so normal that they ignore it. I never can meet their expectations which are: Don't be too intense, don't talk about personal problems and if my friend is a woman... don't do nice things for her (basically I care about people but cannot show it properly).

NTs are a mess, lol Most aspies don't get me either...

Work is really a conundrum for me!

New Threads

Top Bottom