• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Emotional Stress

Wolfnox

V.I.P Member
In my case this happens if I get into trouble. I cannot operate well until the problem is resolved. An avalanche of emotional pressure collapses down on me. Hindering my ability to operate. Or think straight. It's an emotional roller coaster of condemnation and self loathing. Powerfully infused by the feelings of fear and helplessness. I'm pushed to the limit to deal with it. So far I've been able to. What about you all?

Happens to me as well. Past few days I've been dealing with anxiety. My advice is to focus on the positive and talk things over with people you know.

Me too. When an unexpected problem rears its ugly head, especially if its happening now (as opposed to the consequences of said problem being in the future), it throws me nearly every time. Gotta fix it! Only after i come up with a plan, with or without outside input, can i slowly return to emotional baseline. Or sometimes i quickly return. But If no plan's forthcoming, i plunge into despair which is intolerable.

It's absolutely essential to get a good night's sleep, even if you have to use Ambien to get it. I have found that difficult or insoluble problems in the latter half of the day get transformed into weakened obstacles in the light of morning - providing I was able to sleep.

In fact, I learned after a few decades that if anything's bothering me at night, I shouldn't take any action at all, other than going to bed. Defer till morning!

Lately l figure out what is the perceived obstacles, then l tackle head on. If l am trying to resolve, l don't self-loathe or punish myself. The fact l am on top of it, l award myself life points like a video game, no points in feeling helpless or not in control.

I've always gotta have a plan.
When something happens that throws me I feel the need to have a plan of approach.
I always try to figure everything out mentally. Only then can I feel not so lost.
I tend to overthink it though and then I can't concentrate for the whirlwind of thoughts.

New Threads

Top Bottom