• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Emergence...

Crossbreed

Neur-D Missionary ☝️
V.I.P Member
I have watched the first three episodes. It is a sci-fi mystery. They are a bit slow, but seem to be unraveling in layers.
It reminds me of D.A.R.Y.L. (1985) mixed with Fargo (1996), plus an X-Files vibe. Piper even looks a bit like Daryl from the former.

As of ep4, they just left D.A.R.Y.L. (1985) and entered into Blade Runner territory.

Last edited:
I haven't seen this week's episode, Fatal Exception, yet. But based on the story line, so far, this is what its title suggests...
YOU! ARE! A! TOY!

Last edited:
From the 1/14 episode, I see Pinocchi[a?].

She is imprinting on a woman named Jo.

"Geppetto" is a form of Joseph.

I get the show one day later on Hulu, so haven't seen 1/12 yet. Still enjoying the series. Love the cast and characterizations, especially Jo, Alex and Emily. A small plus is it takes place in my original home, Long Island.

Seems the show got a lot more interesting in some of the most recent episodes. Glad to see it moving in another direction.

I really like the show! The concept is interesting to me. @Crossbreed, I really liked D.A.R.Y.L. I remember seeing it when I was younger (and not too long ago on TV) and identified with him.

Just a nitpick...
When the Piper memory chip was uploaded into her new body, she had memories that the chip should not contain. It should have restored her to her episode 3 development (where it was first used).

If her original body would have survived, one could argue that it was a repair, but this was a new body/device.

Just a nitpick...
When the Piper memory chip was uploaded into her new body, she had memories that the chip should not contain. It should have restored her to her episode 3 development (where it was first used).

If her original body would have survived, one could argue that it was a repair, but this was a new body/device.

I am unsure about it. Even the first time it was used she retained memories that couldn't be on the disk, though her body was that time intact.

Hoping for a second season, but from what I can see that is not decided yet.

After thinking about it, Piper might have backed up her current version before handing the disk back to Jo.
full

After thinking about it, Piper might have backed up her current version before handing the disk back to Jo.
full

Yes, I thought about that too. She took it into a back room briefly before they left the station I think.

She also talked about "knowing when you are going to die" so you can make use of the time you had left...
full

It seemed to me to just be a rehash of Kyle XY, although I know it diverged after a bit. Still seemed pretty derivative though. Too bad. Could've been interesting.

New Threads

Top Bottom