• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Embarrassing moments

Pats

V.I.P Member
I had one this morning.

First, let me say why I keep my cell phone with me everywhere I go. Getting old and I know anything could happen at anytime and anywhere.....and I don't know phone numbers. You don't store them in your head like you used to.

But I am polite and always mute my phone when I go places..... like church. And I did that this morning. I'm used to droids and all I ever had to do is hit the volume button and turn it down to mute. This iphone, apparently doesn't work like that. Apparently, it didn't mute my text tone which I have Queen's "Crazy little thing called love" playing when I get a text and my sister texted me during the sermon. Guess, what else? When you open your purse to try to hurry and turn it off, it gets LOUDER. Guess I should be grateful that I didn't go with my almost first choice of Eric Clapton's "Cocaine".

I'm sure you all have embarrassing moments you may want to share with us. :)

I used to work on top of a waterslide just telling people when they could slide down, and it meant I was on this really tall structure all day with very limited contact with people with a very distant view of the main pool. One day I swore I recognized someone that was at the pool as one of my friends and I swore she waved at me, so I waved back enthusiastically.
Later she went down the slide and I noticed that I definitely had never met this person in my life, meaning she definitely was not waving at me earlier. I'm not sure if she noticed I had waved but it was the absolute worst wowza still makes my skin crawl.

Yes, l asked a lady when she was expecting? Oops, she was expecting pizza or ice cream not a giant baby something.

I've experienced both the phone going off in the wrong place and thinking someone was someone I knew but wasn't multiple times lol

For the phone going off, the worst was in high school. I was in a class where none of my friends were and I talked to NO ONE and we had a substitute that day. She was an old lady that seemed pretty strict. Well basically my phone started going off and we weren't even supposed to have phones in there. It was kind of more of a beeping ringtone but not really and I was afraid if I reached down to my bag then she would know it was me. Everyone kept glancing back in my direction while she was trying to figure it out but after it went off she was like "hm.. well maybe it was a truck backing up outside or something" what a close call! But still embarrassing because I'm pretty sure the other students were wondering why I didn't do anything.

I've definitely had more embarrassing moments unrelated to those, and some that could've been extremely embarrassing if they had gone a different direction but thankfully I got through those and I'm here today so embarrassment doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger! LOL I don't even know what I'm saying

LOL I don't even know what I'm saying

Sounds like you belong here.

Embarrassing - may I refer you to all my previous posts..

An early,mild one :

In my school when it rained the floor got really slippy.
I had to leave class to get something out of my coat.
The floor was soaking wet.

I slipped and fell flat on my back.
Was completely winded and in pain.
It was agony to get up.

I managed it . Took two steps. Flat on my back again.

Thank goodness no one saw me,I thought.

I looked over. One guy was there laughing.

I hated him.

Next school. 36 class rooms all in a row. All with Windows to the corridor.
I was in class one. Boys toilets were down some steps just next to class 35.

To this day, I don't know what it was.
I didn't feel ill. I suddenly started vomiting in the music class.
So I had to make several runs for it from class one to 35 down the steps.

I had no control over it.

So I was vomiting along the corridor all the way to the boys room.
Several times.

More than one person saw that...

I still hate that first guy.

38 years ago.

Apparently, it didn't mute my text tone which I have Queen's "Crazy little thing called love" playing
I used to have this as a ringtone. Great for catching my attention when I'm busy at home in a different room to the phone, not so great when I'm on the bus and it rings:

To this day, I don't know what it was.
I didn't feel ill. I suddenly started vomiting in the music class.
This has happened to me a couple of times. Both times either before, or during some kind of social event that was making me anxious. Once, at the house of my sister's boyfriend, another time during a lesson when I was supposed to be going to a staff dinner event. That's how my body reacts to stress - I feel sick and want to vomit. Not aware of my own anxiety.

Embarrassing moments? I've had plenty of those. Once confused two people with the same name, J. One heterosexual and newly married, the other had just come out as being gay. One wrote to me, and I thought I was addressing the other one, so the heterosexual newly married J got a message congratulating him on coming out!!

tutting and puffing loudly and being visually offended over some inconsiderate idiot who hadn't switched their phone to silent during a lecture.

on asking 'is someone going to sort that out?'
nobody moved.

turned out it was my phone in my rucksack.
(can't remember what sound it makes)

trying to have a shower at the gym, we never had a shower at home ,so I turned it on thinking it would just hit the drain and flow away ,it hit me full force from the my face down to my feet, I was fully clothed, I then proceeded to go to the gym and ask them how to use the shower ,I think they found my presence entertaining .

I tend to trip up with my own two feet and this happened in front of a few people. But I think the worst part was actually my husband, who was embarrassed by me, for making a scene ( which I did not). He even goes so far as saying: bet you are cringing with embarrassment there? Nope, actually, because I somehow go into survival mode. The worst happened, so see the humor in it.

I can even laugh that I am my own most hazardeous self.

There was the time I was dog sitting for my daughter and trying to get one of the bigger dogs in, one of the others shut the door which, apparently, was locked. I had to get the attention of a crew that happened to be working at the neighbors and get them to bring a ladder and help me get out of the dog pen.

My most embarrassing moment would be having an orgasm when I first touched a girl on the bus. I grew up in hospitals and doctors offices instead of school. So I had little to no contact with girls growing up. Than when I did, BAM.

When I was in sixth grade I left my books and schoolwork in the band room and did not realize it until I got to my next class. I went back to get then and could not find them and the teacher told me he put them in the front of the room. I got my stuff and began leaving the band room. The teacher asked me where I was going and I told him I was leaving. He said ok and I kept walking. Then I saw a desk and stacks of papers in front of me and realized I just walked into his office instead of the hallway. I walked back into the band room and everyone began laughing at me. Then I walked out the right door and was able to get back to class.

Embarrassing moments -

Walking across a large, busy restaurant with my dress tucked into my knickers giving everyone an eyeful of my bare legs and virtually bare bottom. Mortified.

Mis-judging the position of my chair at work (busy, open plan office) and sitting down onto the floor with a bang! Boy did that hurt.

Countless trips/falls in front of people, all of whom rushed to assist when all I wanted was the ground to open up and swallow me.

Going out of the front door to put rubbish into the dustbin, I forgot to put the latch on the door and locked myself out while dressed in my nightclothes. Loads of people walked past taking their children to the local school. Two kind young women asked me if I was okay. I said I was locked out but the back of the house was open. One of the women scaled a high wall, gained access and walked through the house to let me in. I felt so stupid standing outside in my nightclothes!

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom