• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Embarrassed by the Guardian

Statest16

I'm now the laughing stock of England and some of Western Europe(not really just joking LOL)
So I read this article in the Guardian this morning that featured my home county as the example of Opioid addiction and blight in rural America.For real,my home county not only made national but international news but for nothing really good.

So I guess I should wear a disguise the next time I go to London,not really LOL.

Honestly I thought it was Funny,no hard feelings to the Guardian.LOL

A lot of news outlets, perhaps most, in free press countries, purposely highlight all that is bad. Seeing/reading about pain and misery (happening to other people) is what consumers want. Press in totalitarian countries is of course managed information/propaganda and essentially worthless.

If following news causes anxiety or depression, I think it is best avoided. I don't advise total information seclusion but chosing a minimum of the most informative/least sensational sources is enough. But there is something to say about not worrying about the asteroid that is going to hit the earth, until you look up one day and see it coming. I think one last 'Oh Crap!' about covers all the bases.

;)

It is quite something to see your home area in a news site or paper that is read around the world.Doesn't happen every day for sure.

Keep in mind that alcohol and drug use worldwide is also high in other countries. Drug Use

upload_2020-9-20_22-52-36.png

Last edited:
Poor Russia!
In Ea
Poor Russia!
In eastern Russia there is a drug craze especially in Siberia where Heroin is hard to come by.It's called crocadil and it's a Codeine derivative that is not injected into the vein because Codeine can't be mainlined but injected under the skin with either a needle or just crudly with razor or something.

It causes flesh to rot and causes horrible ulcerations,it's probably the worlds most dangerous drug.

New Threads

Top Bottom