• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Email Anxiety

VictorR

Random Member
V.I.P Member
Whenever I send an email I seem to experience anxiety. Have they responded yet? No? Now? Hmm... are they away? Or did I scare them away with an info dump?

Is it just me, or do others feel the same?

We seem to be preoccupied with how we come across perhaps a wee bit more
then NT. Just embrace this and release perhaps?

Yes. Most of the time i write very short mails as i am not good at writing. I find it too short but don't know how to make it longer.

I feel like when I text or message I have sent more than the words. I have made a connection and need it to be completed by a response. Sometimes I have to distract myself to stop myself wondering or checking. Yet I also know there's nothing I can do to make a response come, and the worst thing usually is to reveal my anxiety by sending another message.

Meditation helps. Practicing not thinking. Or thinking only of a short phrase over and over, what they call a mantra. Or listening to music without lyrics wile siting still and focusing on it. These things help stop the obsessive thoughts, the worries about it. Then a reply comes and I realise there was nothing to worry about anyway. It was all in my head.

Whenever I send an email I seem to experience anxiety. Have they responded yet? No? Now? Hmm... are they away? Or did I scare them away with an info dump?

Is it just me, or do others feel the same?

i do.because every time i email someone,they don't seem to respond for a number of days,probably months.

I experience this a lot, not just with emails. One gets a more immediate response in person, but that means you have to come up with an immediate response oneself, and that causes anxiety too...

New Threads

Top Bottom