• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Echosmith Drummer reveals He has Autism, after inappropriate behavior with 13 year old

SimplyWandering

Drummer who sent "predatory" messages to Blink-182 star's 13yo daughter defended by his family

https://www.popbuzz.com/music/artists/blink-182 /news/alabama-barker-graham-sierotas-autism-apology/

So there are many stories on this that happened. It has unfolded over the past week.

You can see how bad the first one is titled and pretty much all the ones from more gossipy “news” outlets are like that.

I understand this is a serious situation.

If he has Autism it is not an excuse for the behavior... but some people with ASD live in a bubble.

What do you think?

It does seem like an honest mistake - which probably could have been avoided if the parents of the 13 year old required her to dress and act her age. She looks 13 going on 30 years old. Call me old fashioned or a prude or whatever, but parents should not let their young daughters dress like that in public.

Thats why im always "very" careful around women. Im not good with this you look this age. But is actually this age.

I've read something of the story and he first contacted her when she was 10 year old (which she pointed out to him) and kept messaging her until recently. To me it sounds like the autism is used as an excuse for creepy behavior.

Pretty sure he understands what happened here, what with all the apologies and such. Good to see this has been resolved so quickly and in a civil manner, because the news outlets have a tendency to take no prisoners.

Moral of the story: if ur like 30 or 40 or something, just smh and put the phone away.

I've read something of the story and he first contacted her when she was 10 year old (which she pointed out to him) and kept messaging her until recently. To me it sounds like the autism is used as an excuse for creepy behavior.

I didn't realize he knew/had been informed of her young age. That does change the circumstances of his contacts, but it does not change my opinion that 13 year old girls who dress and apply makeup like, well, sluts are going to attract unwanted attention.

As far as I could tell, he messaged her once in 2016 and again in 2019. This does not constitute harassment. Now if in fact he was love-bombing her with constant attention, yeah, that's harassment.

There is nothing at all slutty about the way she is dressed; even if there was, that sounds like the oft-used excuse for rape, "She was dressed like a slut."

Hopefully she has learned not to amplify unwanted attention by broadcasting it to all her fans, when a simple "block" would be much more appropriate and mature. Hopefully, he has learned to be more cautious in approaching people on-line, and received a better sense of boundaries.

Mountain out of a molehill.

Well another fine example of excellent parenting.

The log is hilarious. Hi. 3 days later. Hi. 4 days later. Ur beautiful. Oh man, his thirst is unbelievable. Does he live in the desert?

And what did she expect to get from plastering her face all over instagram? I think creepy guys saying hi 5 times is a pretty standard result from that.

That was my take on it too.

There is nothing at all slutty about the way she is dressed; even if there was, that sounds like the oft-used excuse for rape, "She was dressed like a slut."
True. She's not dressed "slutty" (what a horrible word) at all, and even if she was wandering around in a thong and nipple pasties it would still be no excuse. Victim blaming is gross.

Well another fine example of excellent parenting.

The log is hilarious. Hi. 3 days later. Hi. 4 days later. Ur beautiful. Oh man, his thirst is unbelievable. Does he live in the desert?

And what did she expect to get from plastering her face all over instagram? I think creepy guys saying hi 5 times is a pretty standard result from that.

I think you nailed it. No one blames the girl and I feel sorry for her. She doesn't know any better but her parents certainly should. This is definitely NOT a case of victim blaming and should not be construed as such.

What kind of parents would tart up or sexualize their 13 year old daughter in age-inappropriate clothing and makeup, aid and abet publication of her to solicit comments and feedback from the viewing public, and then, when someone rises to the bait, self-righteously and publicly accuse and humiliate that person, who may well have made an innocent mistake in contacting her in response to her and/or her father's posts, resulting in the outing of that young man as autistic and potentially labeling him for life as a pedophile?

It does not surprise me that her parents dropped this like a hot potato. It seems like a publicity stunt which failed to attract the kind of attention they wanted.

Eh I don't think he dressed her up in that. She did that herself. The problem with many guys is that when it comes to their daughter (or wife/girlfriend to a lesser degree) they get this whole virgin Mary/Snow white/princess complex. Daddy's little princess can do no wrong, unfortunately children these days have some pretty crappy role models. Her clothing looks like she looked at a random pop star and decided to emulate that. 13 year old girls can also be really stubborn, and most guys are too weak to stand up to their little princess.

Eh I don't think he dressed her up in that. She did that herself. The problem with many guys is that when it comes to their daughter (or wife/girlfriend to a lesser degree) they get this whole virgin Mary/Snow white/princess complex. Daddy's little princess can do no wrong, unfortunately children these days have some pretty crappy role models. Her clothing looks like she looked at a random pop star and decided to emulate that. 13 year old girls can also be really stubborn, and most guys are too weak to stand up to their little princess.

You're probably right that the girl picked out her own clothes and applied her own makeup, but daddies don't get a pass from me just because it is their darling little girl. Presumably this girl has a mother floating around somewhere, too. Believe me, I know all about stubborn little girls - I was one myself once upon a time, have 2 sisters, and I raised 2 daughters - but it is parents' responsibility to protect their girls from their own immature judgment. Bad stuff can happen to girls who "mature" too quickly before they are emotionally, intellectually and physically capable of taking care of themselves. People like Jeffrey Epstein are out there, just waiting for an opportunity.

New Threads

Top Bottom