• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

E-mail clearout

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
I've had my same e-mail for 15 years now! And don't plan to change it

Along the way I had accumulated over 25000 messages! :eek:

I just spent several days going through all of it, deleted a lot of messages and got down to a mere 2000 now

I did keep some of the messages from 2005 still, so far... Some messages are fond memories, reminders of the past, some bad memories too... And a few surprises, some messages I had forgotten... Definitely an archive of my life...

I kept looking at the number 25,000, and in a certain way I felt like it was weighing me down, it feels good now ... Talking with one friend today, he said any messages more than one month old get deleted

Last edited:
I am merciless with my email. Never have more than a couple dozen in my inbox and most of those are forum or blog notifications. Empty them out every day. I have a few special folders I'll archive stuff into but those get cleaned out fairly often too.

When I worked tech support for Verizon we got phone calls from people who had so many emails it locked their mailboxes up.

I am merciless with my email. Never have more than a couple dozen in my inbox and most of those are forum or blog notifications. Empty them out every day. I have a few special folders I'll archive stuff into but those get cleaned out fairly often too.

When I worked tech support for Verizon we got phone calls from people who had so many emails it locked their mailboxes up.

I always made sure my capacity was fine over the years, even with that many messages ;)

I have e-mails from 8 years ago and way too many.
This is something I need to do too. Start cleaning out.
And because I won't give up and give in to getting MSN windows 10
I can't get MSN premium anymore after it expires Jan. 11 so I'm trying
to get used to Outlook and I hate it.
But, if I can learn to use it, I will. Just don't have the money to get
a new computer and I've heard a lot of people say they don't like
Windows 10.

And I don't like change. I get stressed and anxious when I have to
do these changes they force on us in Window-Land!

I've had my same e-mail for 15 years now! And don't plan to change it

Along the way I had accumulated over 25000 messages! :eek:

I just spent several days going through all of it, deleted a lot of messages and got down to a mere 2000 now

I did keep some of the messages from 2005 still, so far... Some messages are fond memories, reminders of the past, some bad memories too... And a few surprises, some messages I had forgotten... Definitely an archive of my life...

I kept looking at the number 25,000, and in a certain way I felt like it was weighing me down, it feels good now ... Talking with one friend today, he said any messages more than one month old get deleted
I never delete my emails. I just archive them. I don’t look back at them either. I just don’t delete them.

I never delete my emails. I just archive them. I don’t look back at them either. I just don’t delete them.

Many of the older messages pertain to my photography, why I don't want to delete them, in other words informational that I don't want to lose if possible... I do know that eventually that will happen anyway

New Threads

Top Bottom