1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dumbest conspiracy theories

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NeoPhile, Jun 22, 2017.

1. NeoPhile

NeoPhile Can I get a "Bright not Broken"?

In this thread, we post the dumbest conspiracy theories we find on the internet.
    I'll go first.
    There's this guy in Britain named David Icke who thinks that the world's governments are actually controlled by shape-shifting lizards from another dimension. I'm really not making that up. He says the British Royal Family, the Bush's, and other groups are lizards from a parallel universe who want to institute a fascist government, and that they are in cahoots to take over this world. David Icke - RationalWiki talks all about it if you don't believe me.
    What are the craziest conspiracy theories you have heard?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Danny 74

Danny 74 Well-Known Member

He also went on the television saying he was the son of god...! Yeah i remember him...!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. AGXStarseed

AGXStarseed Well-Known Member

That the world would end in 2012 when the Mayan Calendar completed.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Judge

Judge Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Pretty much any claim that Adolf Hitler escaped Berlin and made his way to South America.

But it helps the History Channel with ratings I suppose. Even if it isn't true. :rolleyes:

Though I could understand the motive of keeping such tales alive for the purpose of neo-fascist propaganda. Otherwise I see the entertainment value only in terms of comedy.

Oddly enough, IMO there are other conspiracy theories regarding certain Nazi leaders which have merit...such as how, where and when Martin Bormann died, and whether or not the man murdered in Spandau Prison was actually Rudolf Hess, and not an imposter.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Danny 74

I read the book "grey wolf" the escape of adolf hitler.. It wasn't very convincing..!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. WildCat

WildCat V.I.P Member

Tupac Shakur and Elvis Presley. Yeah, both are supposedly in hiding now because of the "Illuminati" some secret government agenda

Sorry folks, but they're both dead. Plenty of evidence on the web by now if you're interested, no need to go to all four corners of the Earth here. Do be wary of chemtrails though!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Acorn_Elf

Acorn_Elf Well-Known Member

Flat earth conspiracy theory

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Nitro

Nitro Admin/Immoral Turpitude Staff Member Admin V.I.P Member

Plastic Bottled Water DIOXIN Danger

LET EVERYONE WHO HAS A WIFE/GIRLFRIEND/ DAUGHTER KNOW PLEASE!

Bottled water in your car is very dangerous! On the Ellen show, Sheryl Crow said that this is what caused her breast cancer. It has been identified as the most common cause of the high levels of dioxin in breast cancer tissue..

Sheryl Crow’s oncologist told her: women should not drink bottled water that has been left in a car. The heat reacts with the chemicals in the plastic of the bottle which releases dioxin into the water. Dioxin is a toxin increasingly found in breast cancer tissue. So please be careful and do not drink bottled water that has been left in a car.

Pass this on to all the women in your life. This information is the kind we need to know that just might save us! Use a stainless steel canteen or a glass bottle instead of plastic!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. MonolithImmortal

MonolithImmortal Well-Known Member

Your tap water is probably laced with antidepressants

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Mia

Mia Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

The Autism Epidemic is a conspiracy theory

People in desperate situations who are told by the "establishment" that there is no hope are prime for manipulation. Parents of autistic children are in just such a category. They are desperate, helpless and want to help their children. Many will then fall victim to the people who use them as a vehicle to push an anti-vaccination agenda.[13]

Autism itself carries several things with it that make it more susceptible to cranks and quacks. Autism usually doesn't manifest itself in detectable symptoms until after the first year of life. This means many parents believe their child was totally "normal" and then, at around one year of age, suddenly changed. While this is not actually what happens, the perception is real. The subtlety of this is lost on most people who search for the "cause" of what went wrong, and instead of looking at the beginning of development, they look for things that occurred right around the time of diagnosis. There are plenty of things that happen around the first year of life, and this leads many people to make the jump from correlation to causation.

Also, the definition of autism has become more encompassing (the "Asperger's Syndrome" complex), diagnosis is getting better, and the focus on diagnosis is stronger; at the same time, the growth of industries such as information technology has drawn many slightly autistic couples into close proximity: "Guys who might never have had a prayer of finding a kindred spirit suddenly discover that she's hacking Perl scripts in the next cubicle."[14] The former has led to an increase in the number of children diagnosed with autism, while the latter has led, possibly, to an increase in the number of actually autistic children.

All of this combines to lead people to believe there is an increasing "epidemic" of autism and that it's being caused by an external environmental toxin that the children are exposed to around their first year. None of this is true; our understanding of what autism is and how it emerges is increasing exponentially. All of the evidence points towards a genetic/developmental cause, and none of the environmental causes pushed by quacks and cranks have ever demonstrated any convincing evidence.
    Autism - RationalWiki

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  11. xudo

xudo something and nothing

Oh David Icke. Such a bloody loon and the butt of so many jokes.

My main special interest is 9/11, and there are so, so many conspiracy theories surrounding it. Most conspiracy theories annoy me more than they should, but these ones more so, I think because I know so much about it and these people get the very fundamental facts wrong.

One of the most hilarious is that there were never any planes on 9/11 and that all of the footage was photoshopped. So many issues with that sentence.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. AGXStarseed

AGXStarseed Well-Known Member

DC fans/conspiracy theorists who claim Disney bribed critics to write terrible reviews of the DCEU films (Man of Steel, Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad).

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. NeoPhile

Yeah, first of all, that's the Aztec and not the Mayan calendar pictured there. Next of all, The Mayans did not say that the Earth would end in 2012. Yes, the Mayan calendar ended on December 21st, 2012, but the Mayans did not believe in linear time. They believed in spiralic time. So the way a Mayan would read the calendar would be you go back to the beginning again. According to the Mayans, the world will never end. December 21st 2012 would be the end of one age and the beginning of another.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. NeoPhile

I don't think it's crazy to say that Hitler didn't die in 1945. The Soviet Union were the ones who tested Hitler's body and said it was a match. It was only the Soviets' word that said he was dead. Could we really trust Stalin's word? In any instance, recently declassified information proves that the FBI believed that Hitler may have still been alive and living in Argentina as recently as the 1960's. It showed images of him and how he would have age-progressed.
    I wouldn't put this one up there with the melting point of steel or whatever. To say that Hitler was maybe alive as recently as the 1960's is not totally unbelievable.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Questella

Questella Peace, Love and all that good stuff

Reminds me of the Xindi from Star Trek Enterprise actually :p

Amelia Earhart was abducted by aliens. :3 Also on Star Trek. :p Gotta love it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Judge

There were other eyewitnesses including some who assisted with burning the bodies such as Hitler's chauffeur Erich Kempka. Rochus Misch was operating the switchboard and pretty much witnessed most of the comings and goings in the bunker to the end. And Traudl Junge, Hitler's private secretary as well. There was utterly no reason to believe any of the lower echelon were enabling any kind of ruse to hide that Hitler was being smuggled out of Germany. Given such dire circumstances, most everyone in the bunker in the end was primarily concerned with saving their own lives- not Hitler's. For them, the Third Reich was forever gone. With no motive to remain loyal to a regime which no longer existed. Those who might have had wild aspirations of continuing the Reich abroad were already dead or had left the bunker attempting to evade capture.

"Occam's Razor" - the simplest explanation being the most plausible one. The testimony of select low-level German eyewitnesses who had nothing to gain or lose in discussing having seen Hitler's dead body as opposed to explanations provided by those who either wanted to perpetuate the myth of Hitler being alive or crow over his death to quell any resurrection abroad of the Third Reich.

Whatever the Soviets claimed was a moot point. They clearly had their own agenda for destroying any sense of a legacy of Hitler and his Reich. I know DNA tests were conducted in 2009 on the alleged remains of Hitler once in Soviet custody and they proved to be of a woman. And Lev Bezymenski's book, "The Death of Adolf Hitler" was bogus. Personally on such matters I would not have believed Lavrentiy Beria any more than what J. Edgar Hoover had to say on such matters. Both had intense political agendas when it came to "interpreting" the truth over national security. It actually wouldn't surprise me if the Russians were in forensic possession of Hitler's remains and may have simply compromised and obliterated them. Who knows, perhaps the remains were pilfered by Russian soldiers. With the Soviet state not wanting to admit it.

Though I did find it amusing that after the fall of the Soviet regime that KGB records reflected Hitler's remains being reburied several times in East Germany, until they were finally disposed of into a river back in 1970. Another ruse? Similar archives exposed that Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were indeed spies for the Soviet Union. I suspect the former KGB didn't want us to know that. Hard to say.

In any event, the Soviets certainly had motive to quell any attempted resurrection of Hitler figuratively speaking or otherwise. I suspect the possibility that the Russians never actually had Hitler's remains is quite high. Yet that doesn't negate the testimony of some of the last people in the bunker with little motive to lie. Especially given that while in NKVD custody, Rochus Misch was relentlessly tortured in the Lubyanka over elaborating about his witnessing Hitler's body. He never changed his story, and still managed to survive captivity. If the Soviets actually had custody of Hitler's remains, they wouldn't have needed to press the matter in such a way.

And then there's always the long-term and incestuous relationship between certain unrepentant Nazis and the CIA and Department of Defense. If Hitler had been spirited out of Germany, our government would have likely known it. It wouldn't have remained secret any more than what happened at Roswell New Mexico. But then the US was never as good with secrets as is the UK, which brings me back to the strange story of Rudolf Hess. Hitler's deputy, captured by the British when Hess flew to Britain, crash-landing in Scotland in 1941 and tried in Nuremberg in 1946. But was the man captured in 1941 the same man tried and sentenced to prison who allegedly hanged himself in Spandau Prison? Some believe he was murdered.

There were a number of high-value members of the regime who made it to South America. However Adolf Hitler wasn't one of them. Though National Lampoon magazine had other ideas with "Stranger In Paradise". :p

[​IMG]

Since we're on the subject, what ever happened to Heinrich Müller, Chief of the Gestapo? Yet another mystery. :cool:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Judge

Seems some think they might be very close to determining what actually happened to Amelia Earhart. Of course I've heard that before too. :p

We shall see. o_O

New search will look for Amelia Earhart's bones

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mia

Mia Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

One of the things that clinched it for me, was that his dog Blondi was poisoned; Hitler ordered his physician, Dr. Stumpfegger, to kill her. According to Albert Speer, Hitler killed Blondi because he feared that the Russians would capture and torture her after overrunning the bunker.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Danny 74

Hitlers remains were allegedly the remains of a female...! Someone knew what really happened to him, maybe out of loyalty they took the secret to the grave...!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Danny 74

Theres a very long list of suspects who were supposedly jack the ripper...! Vincent van gogh...walter sickert...lewis carol...! The books were an interesting read...!

• Like Like x 1