• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspergers_Aspie

I personally dream a lot while asleep, do others on this forum feel they dream a lot while asleep? or not really? Or sometimes? Maybe can't remember? Do you feel maybe aspies dream more less about the same as neurotypicals?

If I dream... I rarely (if ever) remember it

This is something I have always felt was odd, as other people vividly remember dreams and can describe them in great details

When I sleep, I just sleep, and then wake up... Since I was only diagnosed this year, I have wondered if it's an Aspie thing...

Dreams are lucid and every night. In colour and I can describe them in detail.
It's always been like a second half of my life- in my dreams.
No nightmares. Just everyday stuff mostly.
But, the odd thing is I rarely dream of anyone I know or places in my waking life.
The song describes it well...

Fitbit shows me how much I dream on a diagram, along with deep sleep and moments awake. I dream quite a lot, a number of times usually in the second half of the night, with deep sleep happening first, which is fairly typical.

I can usually remember dreams vaguely, just the feel of them, and maybe the last bit before I woke, or the general stuff that was happening. I'm often trying to do something, yes the predominating feel is often of struggling to achieve or understand something. Not much to psychoanalyse about that.

I go through cycles of having quite vivid and memorable dreams, to not having any at all (or not remembering them).

It's difficult for me to sleep through the night without waking up periodically throughout the night... However, I'm always dreaming... And they are weird dreams too... Mostly when I'm dreaming, I don't realize that it's a dream... I'm fully immersed into the dream, so much that I can see in color, feel things and taste... I literally don't know that I'm in a dream... I only enter the lucid state when I have to go to the bathroom, which I'm thankful my mind at least pulls me from the dream before... o_O

The only time I remember my dreams is when I am in that "twilight sleep" when it seems like you are half-way in between being awake and asleep. This is when I am also more likely to be verbal (yell) or try to swat (hit) at something,...yeah,...my wife loves this,...not. As far as sleep disturbances go, this is a common thing with autism as the GABA (inhibitory)/Glutamine (excitatory) balance is often off,...usually too much glutamine. Recently, I have been using a cocktail of 200mg L-theonine (glutamine receptor blocker), 800mg Magnesium (smooth muscle relaxer, slows the heart rate), and 5mg Melatonin (sleep aid, antioxidant). Sleep like the dead.;)

Recently, I have been using a cocktail of 200mg L-theonine (glutamine receptor blocker), 800mg Magnesium (smooth muscle relaxer, slows the heart rate), and 5mg Melatonin (sleep aid, antioxidant).

My doc recommended that I use Chelated Magnesium... It's easier for the body to absorb and not waste... I'm not sure if that's the mag you use, but wanted to share...

Good point. Thanks. Yes. Chelated Magnesium. I happen to get mine through Puritan's Pride. If anyone has G.I. issues with magnesium,...try the chelated.

I go through cycles of having quite vivid and memorable dreams, to not having any at all (or not remembering them).

Same. I haven't really seen a reliable pattern, but it seems to have something to do with my mental state at the time (or else, something to do with something that also affects my mental state, such as nutrient intake, that I haven't figured out yet).

I used not to remember my dreams but latterly I have been remembering them, and writing them down

Extremely graphic.

I have severe sleep issues so I have REM'ed while awake during periods of extreme insomnia. If I am in good pattern, I still have graphic dreams. I have done lucid dreaming, I have talked to my dream-friends, etc....I studied Carl Jung for a while to see if there is anything and in the end, No.

There is no pattern or meaning, etc. It's just a brain that's always over-extended and firing away because it's trapped in a very frail and inadequate human body.

It must suck to be my brain, poor thing. But good lord, I wish it would shut its trap and let me sleep.

The only time I remember my dreams is when I am in that "twilight sleep" when it seems like you are half-way in between being awake and asleep. This is when I am also more likely to be verbal (yell) or try to swat (hit) at something,...yeah,...my wife loves this,...not. As far as sleep disturbances go, this is a common thing with autism as the GABA (inhibitory)/Glutamine (excitatory) balance is often off,...usually too much glutamine. Recently, I have been using a cocktail of 200mg L-theonine (glutamine receptor blocker), 800mg Magnesium (smooth muscle relaxer, slows the heart rate), and 5mg Melatonin (sleep aid, antioxidant). Sleep like the dead.;)
This is really important. I have been reading about that GABA connection. It has to be balanced. I took GABA and glutamine at one point. Oi!!! THanks for the tip on Theonine as a blocker.

I dream very vividly all the time. I feel like I am the narrator of my own dreams and I control what happens. If I don’t like what happens in my dreams, I hear my own voice saying, “No I don’t like that I’m changing it.” It’s strange to explain and experience. I will also sometimes be so deep in a dream I don’t realize I sleep walk. I always wake up before I go anywhere though, which is nice so I don’t get into anything.

I wanted to ask if anyone has ever experienced any crazy or strange dreams. Also if anyone has experienced the same dream over and over again as well. Zombie apocalypse dreams are always reoccurring for me. I want to hear your thoughts about your dreaming experiences, so I don’t feel crazy about my own.

I like it when I realize I am dreaming when it is happening, and then I start to direct my dreams into a form of paradise for myself. Sometimes it is as pervy, other times it is fantastical, such as flying amongst the stars, other times it is petty, like ridiculous revenge plots.

I like it when I realize I am dreaming when it is happening, and then I start to direct my dreams into a form of paradise for myself. Sometimes it is as pervy, other times it is fantastical, such as flying amongst the stars, other times it is petty, like ridiculous revenge plots.
When I’m dreaming I tend to change how I approach certain situations a lot. For example, I might seem mean or angry when I’m interacting with another person in my dream. My subconscious knows thats not polite, so it rewinds the interaction and fixes the mistake. It’s weird how it happens it’s like watching a tv show.

My dreams have always been vivid.
They usually are like real life. Being somewhere, seeing people, and places.
Everyday stuff.

I rarely dream of anyone I know. Most of the time I don't know the place either.
That's where the fun part comes in.
I start looking around for something that tells me where I am or that I can remember when I wake up, like a highway number, a name on a building or something.
Then I can try to find it online. Voila, there is what I saw.
Sometimes I ask someone in the dream what a certain place is.
I'm usually aware I am dreaming and have had instances of being in danger, but knowing I can't be harmed. Once I dreamt of someone holding a gun towards me and I said, "go ahead... It won't hurt me."
I also eat and taste in dreams.

I'm all over the place. They are rather like the show Quantum Leap.

I dream very vividly all the time. I feel like I am the narrator of my own dreams and I control what happens. If I don’t like what happens in my dreams, I hear my own voice saying, “No I don’t like that I’m changing it.” It’s strange to explain and experience. I will also sometimes be so deep in a dream I don’t realize I sleep walk. I always wake up before I go anywhere though, which is nice so I don’t get into anything.

I wanted to ask if anyone has ever experienced any crazy or strange dreams. Also if anyone has experienced the same dream over and over again as well. Zombie apocalypse dreams are always reoccurring for me. I want to hear your thoughts about your dreaming experiences, so I don’t feel crazy about my own.
Very interesting! At times I've able to dream lucidly, especially when I realize that I'm dreaming.

New Threads

Top Bottom