• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My Drawings :)

As per the New Year Resolution, so far almost every day in January, I've been drawing.

Here is one. :)

_20190121_204235sm.jpg

One I did the other day. It was inspired by the song linked to below. If you listen past the growl vocals (though the lyrics are amazing), it's actually a truly beautiful piece of music. It has a sense of impending doom and devastation.

DSC_19699s.jpg

I'm not a creative artist but I like drawing what I can see, with a few caveats I only like drawing in black biro and I only like drawing cartoon character and comic book villains.

20190629_115431.jpg IMG_20190629_120332279_20190629_121805095.jpg

Thanks for showing those @grimmy :) Drawing from reference is a great starting point, every artist does it to enhance their skills. The more you do it - especially if you draw from photos, the better you'll be at drawing freely, if you ever have any wish to do so :)

Thanks for showing those @grimmy :) Drawing from reference is a great starting point, every artist does it to enhance their skills. The more you do it - especially if you draw from photos, the better you'll be at drawing freely, if you ever have any wish to do so :)

I was always very off put by having an older sister who was very good at art, I drew twice this week for the first time in around 15 years and found it very cathartic, so I said to myself try draw something once a week just for me as an outlet, but thanks for the feedback and if I like what I draw or find any old stuff of mine I like I'll share them.

Here are some more drawings from about three months ago. These are a little more dark.

The first - has many lyrics from the band Korn.

_sm20190123_143424b.png

Second - just expressing ... anxiety, despair, perpetual fear.

dreams1sm.jpg

Third - I was experimenting with watercolours. I don't typically like using colour at all, but sometimes, it's useful practice...

oceanhairreeditsm.jpg

Here are some more drawings from about three months ago. These are a little more dark.

The first - has many lyrics from the band Korn.

View attachment 55242

Second - just expressing ... anxiety, despair, perpetual fear.

View attachment 55243

Third - I was experimenting with watercolours. I don't typically like using colour at all, but sometimes, it's useful practice...

View attachment 55244

I would buy the last one in a poster print because l love the colors, the compostion, and it makes me tap into my emotions and think about stuff l would rather bury. Do you have anyway of selling a large size of this. I really love it. That is so beautiful, l am just staring at it. Could you blow it up, and charge me? Just beautiful. Don't stress, l am sure you must have many requests for your art work. Etsy? Like blow up and print and sell on Etsy?

Last edited:
I love the use of the female form also the use of hair and how you represent sadness and despair but yet it is very touching!

I would buy the last one in a poster print because l love the colors, the compostion, and it makes me tap into my emotions and think about stuff l would rather bury. Do you have anyway of selling a large size of this. I really love it. That is so beautiful, l am just staring at it. Could you blow it up, and charge me? Just beautiful. Don't stress, l am sure you must have many requests for your art work. Etsy? Like blow up and print and sell on Etsy?

You're very kind @Aspychata - thank you! <3 I can send you a large file if you'd like and you can take it to a photo print booth/store to print it out. I don't mind. I don't sell my art, I just do it for fun and am only happy if it gives someone joy. x

Such beautiful art work from everyone.

And the paper boats represent fragility perhaps. So beautiful. l truly am inspired by the beauty and the emotion in your last pic.

You're very kind @Aspychata - thank you! <3 I can send you a large file if you'd like and you can take it to a photo print booth/store to print it out. I don't mind. I don't sell my art, I just do it for fun and am only happy if it gives someone joy. x

Thank you. l really think you could sell on Etsy. Do you want me to pm you or give you Fed Ex address?

Latest work. I'm slowly teaching myself about composition and filling the space. Really difficult, but I think I'm getting better at it. :)

AbandonedMemories_s.jpg

You draw really good. why do you stick with graphite? how big is your paper? looks high quality but small thats why im asking

I draw to, although admittedly not therapeutically. I draw things that I wish to relate to rather than things to which i actually relate

You draw really good. why do you stick with graphite? how big is your paper? looks high quality but small thats why im asking

I draw to, although admittedly not therapeutically. I draw things that I wish to relate to rather than things to which i actually relate
Thank you for your comment ^_^
You're right, the drawing itself is actually quite small - 16cmx16cm. I find it difficult to draw big. And I don't like to use colour, therefore it's mostly graphite. Sometimes it's inks too, fine liners. Depends. But almost always monochrome with maybe small splashes of muted colours. My world looks grey to me, so the art reflects that...

New Threads

Top Bottom