• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dragon greetings

dragonfire42

Perpetual outsider
I'm not very good at introductions but figured I should post one in case people are curious about me. I'm 26 years old, diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome when I was in fourth grade or so, and am currently unemployed but receiving SSI because of both my Asperger's and the memory issues I've developed due to ECT treatment I received last year for my depression, and whether or not I will ever be able to get a job or live on my own are currently big concerns for me. I consider myself more of moderate-functioning than high-functioning despite my official diagnosis being Asperger's syndrome, just because of how much it affects every part of my life and the amount of difficulty it causes me. I have a service dog named Merlin who helps calm and ground me in public places. I also don't have an official diagnosis of this, but I'm pretty darn sure I have selective mutism. When I'm experiencing any kind of extreme emotion, sensory overload, or too much anxiety or stress, I'm not able to force my vocal cords into action no matter how hard I try. This is especially challenging because sometimes I can speak just fine, so people who have heard me do so tend not to believe that I actually can't speak at other times.

I love horror and anything supernatural/paranormal (except zombies, for some reason - I don't know why, they just don't do much for me). Currently I'm focused on wendigos and anything and everything to do with the Hellraiser franchise (my current avatar is from the second movie). I also love nature and animals, particularly insects and other arthropods, and I've recently also taken a particular liking to bats. Recently I've started to get into swimming, although I don't remember anything from the swim lessons I took as a kid and am pretty much limited to a stroke I call "the frog," because it looks like the way a frog swims. I will also note that I seriously, legitimately believe I have the soul of a dragon, and I like to talk as if I have the body of one, too.

So... that's pretty much all I can think of right now. If anyone would like to know something else about me, just ask - I'm very open about most things.

upload_2019-8-7_15-27-48.png

I will also note that I seriously, legitimately believe I have the soul of a dragon, and I like to talk as if I have the body of one, too

YOUR A REAL LIFE DRAGONBORN!!!!!! Welcome Doviakin.:D

Im so excited right now. Breath. Breath. :oops:

Welcome Dragonfire. Hope you dont mind my little joke. As you can see from the name I do relate. I think thats pretty awesome.

The swimming sounds like the breast stroke or a version of it. Lots of animal/nature fans here of all sorts. It's funny I fill the void you leave in your horror interests. Zombie films are basically the only type I like. I think partially because they are so fictional. I also like a wide range of Sci-fi including some horror. Mainly the films with giant monsters or bugs (or both) that eat people. Again very fictional, and also done without malice. They are just trying to put bread (or Scott) on the table after all. ;)

YOUR A REAL LIFE DRAGONBORN!!!!!! Welcome Doviakin.:D

Im so excited right now. Breath. Breath. :oops:

Welcome Dragonfire. Hope you dont mind my little joke. As you can see from the name I do relate. I think thats pretty awesome.

Thank you, this makes me really happy. I'm always afraid people will think it's really weird if I tell them I have the soul of a dragon, so I'm delighted to have someone react positively to it:grinning:

The swimming sounds like the breast stroke or a version of it. Lots of animal/nature fans here of all sorts. It's funny I fill the void you leave in your horror interests. Zombie films are basically the only type I like. I think partially because they are so fictional. I also like a wide range of Sci-fi including some horror. Mainly the films with giant monsters or bugs (or both) that eat people. Again very fictional, and also done without malice. They are just trying to put bread (or Scott) on the table after all. ;)

I just looked up the breaststroke on youtube, and it looks like that's what I instinctively do when I get in the water. Well, now I know it's a proper swimming format.

Hello and welcome! I like anything paranormal except for ghosts. I have a hard time even reading paranormal books involving ghosts because the idea of them freaks me out too much.

Thank you, this makes me really happy. I'm always afraid people will think it's really weird if I tell them I have the soul of a dragon, so I'm delighted to have someone react positively to it:grinning:

This is the way I always think of it: "Normal is boring. Weird is so much more interesting".

I dunno about you, but I'd much rather be my usual bloody strange self than be the usual boring drones that you see basically everywhere. I feel like I dodged a bullet, by not being "normal".

Anyway you sound like someone I'd get along with quite well. I love the supernatural stuff, though most of my exposure is in books, not movies. Really into Lovecraft right now. And yes, zombies are kinda dull. They're used so commonly simply because they're easy. Though honestly I always felt they were used wrong. These days they're all "infected". Whatever happened to the genuine "undead"? And all those necromancers that cant get any attention these days? The poor guys... Will someone please think of the necromancers?

The dragon thing is interesting. I personally am definitely not a dragon... if I was anything, I'd probably be some hideous mix of a cat and a blowfish (you know, with all the spikes. Cant go wrong with spikes). The nature & animal affinity is also good. Definitely love them myself, including insects. I do wish people wouldnt treat insects so badly though. I hate it when someone swats one. If I find one in the house, I have to pick it up and take it outside (bonus points for going up to a family member and abruptly going "HEY LOOK WHAT I FOUND, HAVE A CLOSER LOOK" while on the way to the door). Unless it's a house centipede. There's no point in trying to catch those little maniacs so I just let them do whatever.

Do you have any pets? Or something like, I dunno, an ant colony or something?

I forgot where I was going with any of this. Dont mind me, I sound like this all the time....

Welcome to the forums. We try not to suck here.

Yeah, I also hate how a lot of people's first reaction upon seeing an arthropod is to kill it. What was it doing besides simply existing? I also catch them and let them go outside, and show any particularly interesting ones to anyone who happens to be around. In addition to my service dog(cream sable standard poodle, Merlin), I have a cat (ginger with white on his paws, face, and belly, Arthur) and a crested gecko (Anders). I'm looking into possibly getting a bearded dragon when I'm in a better position to care for one, but they're a lot of work.

New Threads

Top Bottom