• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Drag Queens

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Now go away!*
V.I.P Member
I love RuPaul’s Drag Race and all things related to drag queens. I am currently working on becoming a regular drag performer and want to audition for RuPaul’s Drag Race at some point. I mainly want to get on to be a positive role model for kids like us and show them that they can do amazing things if they don’t let others dictate what they can and cannot do and prove that media wrong that having any type of autism isn’t a bad thing. I already know the words to over 80 songs including some not even in English and can lip sync so well that other queens who have been doing drag for over twenty years are impressed especially after learning how relatively new I am to drag. So what do you guys think about drag and drag queens/performers?

NHRA-women-lday-drivers.jpg

They are pretty awesome!

;)

That’s awesome! I’ve loved drag for a long time. Was fascinated by the Club Kids.
I remember accidentally coming across RuPaul’s Drag Race one day while watching TV. Season 2, the rock & roll episode with Henry Rollins and Terri Nunn as guest judges. I was hooked immediately and watched ever since :)

I love RuPaul. His show with all the drag queen performers was catty, and entertaining at the same time.

Once RuPaul converts into a bombshell glam girl , l am memorized. Bring me sequins, a curling iron, 8ft stilettos, and kiss me lipstick red and l am hooked. I met two men to woman in Hawaii that were workers. They enjoyed being feminine. They both completely accepted me as a friend. One was in an abusive relationship- she felt helpless. The other was a hardcore business lady and owned a beautiful condo. They both were very nice people, nicer then a lot of woman l met.

Last edited:
I can't say I've ever watched the show, or wanted to.

I tend to avoid loud people and big personalities. I guess, as a loud person with a big personality who masks all the time to appear normal and quiet; I guess I feel threatened by those who have the confidence to be themselves.

Ed

I am not talking about racing cars. RuPaul’s Drag Race is a competition show with drag queens and RuPaul is the host.

I believe the individuals who posted pictures of the female racers
were making a joke, based on the multiple meanings of the word
"drag."

:)

I believe the individuals who posted pictures of the female racers
were making a joke, based on the multiple meanings of the word
"drag."

:)
Oh. Sometimes I just don’t know if I confused people or not and can’t tell if people are joking.

I love drag queens. Their talents in theatrical arts are sublime. But they are also uncanny. They are more feminine than many cis women and, regardless of their actual gender or intent, have created a vision of women that almost becomes it's own gender.
I hope you will post photos!

Oh. Sometimes I just don’t know if I confused people or not and can’t tell if people are joking.
It was intended as humor.
Try to work from this:
Nitro: nitromethane, Top Fuel, drag racing, NHRA (National Hot Rod Association) drag racing fanatic/driver.

My drag queens wear fire suits and operate some of the quickest accelerating machinery on the planet ;)

My drag aesthetic is 80s retro pop superstar and Jen and the Holograms is one of my inspirations. Finding pieces of clothing isn’t too bad as I just go to Goodwill and buy anything that will fit me and matches what I have in mind. Finding shoes is a totally different story as it isn’t easy to find shoes my size without spending a lot on them. I am a natural at walking down stairs and on the floor in stiletto heels and my makeup isn’t makeup artist perfect but it is still even and not sloppy looking. I actually learned how to apply makeup by observing the woman that helped my dad raise me and my sister do it for years.

Yes was playing/joking with the possible double meaning of words. I try and signal its humor by putting a wink emoji - ;) - at the end.

I was never into that scene, but recognize the talent it requires. I like people who are unabashedly and vibrantly true to themselves.

I don't do drag myself but have some LGBT friends who cross dress.

The Julian and Sandy dramas of the 1960s were good. They used Polari to replace English words which sounded quite funny. It was illegal to be openly gay back then so Polari came in handy.

My drag aesthetic is 80s retro pop superstar and Jen and the Holograms is one of my inspirations. Finding pieces of clothing isn’t too bad as I just go to Goodwill and buy anything that will fit me and matches what I have in mind. Finding shoes is a totally different story as it isn’t easy to find shoes my size without spending a lot on them. I am a natural at walking down stairs and on the floor in stiletto heels and my makeup isn’t makeup artist perfect but it is still even and not sloppy looking. I actually learned how to apply makeup by observing the woman that helped my dad raise me and my sister do it for years.
That’s great! I would love to see photo’s sometime, if you feel comfortable with sharing. There is such an artistry to drag, I’m in awe of it.

I saw that the auditions for season 15 of RuPaul’s Drag Race is currently open. I want to apply but I know I’m not quite ready for the show or can even do it right now but I do want to see how far my application would go. The main issue is that I work part time with my dad and he isn’t exactly open minded to this type of thing and explaining to him as to why I would need to go away and have no contact with him for up to two months would hard to do.

Maybe you could make an audition video just for practice? You don’t have to send it right now, since you said you’re probably not ready yet and it would be hard to schedule and explain to your dad.

You could make it, then look at what you think you would need to improve before you feel like you are ready to audition, and set your goals for that. That way, when the time is ripe for you to audition, you’ll be even better than you are now :)

Actually you need to fill out a form and attach some pics of yourself first and then wait to see if they want you to make a video.

Ah, I didn’t know that. But you could still make a video without the intention of actually sending it, just for practice :)

New Threads

Top Bottom