• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dr visit

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
13 or so year's ago, I developed coughing asthma and lost the sense of smell and taste, but once diagnosed and taking the right medicine, soon went away and then, recently, due to a traumatic experience, it came back and went to my dr today, and he was so convinced that I have covid. I mean, I took a home test and that came out negative and he even tested in his room and that came out negative, but he was still convinced and refused to listen to the account of year's ago. Well, the result came back as negative and I would love to have witnesses the look on his face, when he sees NEGATIVE.

Going back on the 12 of December for other reasons, so will he be humble or not, that is the question.

I have a very poor experience with many doctors. I've met some incredibly good doctors in my time so I Do know the difference. 90% of them are just useless appendages and many of those know that they're not incredibly bright and are defensive about it.

If you tell them what the problem is instead of waiting for them to tell you they give the same knee jerk response every time. "You're wrong!". Some of them will never back down and instead will double up and go to extremes and defy all logic and their own training in order to prove that they're smarter than you.

I've had some great arguments with doctors in my time too. I don't back down either. :)

Hi @Suzanne, that's what I did today! Except, mine thought I just had the common cold and a mild case of it, at that. Now I'm stuck at home all week.

Good thing I've got a lot of housework to do.
(Truly, I can find a lot of other things than housework to do.)

Hope your dr listens better. It's frustrating when they don't.

13 or so year's ago, I developed coughing asthma and lost the sense of smell and taste, but once diagnosed and taking the right medicine, soon went away and then, recently, due to a traumatic experience, it came back and went to my dr today, and he was so convinced that I have covid. I mean, I took a home test and that came out negative and he even tested in his room and that came out negative, but he was still convinced and refused to listen to the account of year's ago. Well, the result came back as negative and I would love to have witnesses the look on his face, when he sees NEGATIVE.

Going back on the 12 of December for other reasons, so will he be humble or not, that is the question.
Cholinergic/parasympathetic response, perhaps. Emotions can trigger this response,...not uncommon. If you add a parasympatholytic/anticholinergic to your regimen, it may help. Ipratroprium bromide and the like. Look it up on WebMD. Airway response to emotional stimuli in asthma: the role of the cholinergic pathway - PubMed.

@Neonatal RRT definitely agree.
Being a retired pharmacist, I know how this works.
I've also been through this type of emotional asthma as a child.
The move from Arizona, where I was born, to Missouri at age 5 with my parents
was stressful and I wasn't used to cold weather.
The coughing was bad, and playing/exertion always triggered a bad attack.
The good old country doctor there knew what it was and what med to give me.
I outgrew it in a couple of years, and it never came back.

In general, my experiences with doctors have been the same as @Outdated .
A few were very good and others I've had arguments with to the point they could have thrown me out.
Most hate patients who are knowledgeable and can speak their language.
I don't back down either.

New Threads

Top Bottom